29

Two best friends adventured together just outside the town they called home. One held in his hands a yellow envelope that would not accompany them back. The other kept his hands busy with a plastic wrapping that contained a snack. 

"I've never even heard of this town." Jimin mumbled as he looked about the darkly lit neighborhood. They were almost two hours away from their own homes. He stared down to the directions in his phone wondering just why Namjoon had send them so far. 

"Well you won't be needing to again." Taehyung said, he was really unfazed by their surroundings. "Put your hood up."

Jimin obeyed the commands. The gloomy weather called for it anyways. Together they walked about the town until they took a turn that changed their surroundings. It was an alley which had both walls were spray painted to the last brick. On the other side was what appeared to be a much more dangerous part to the strange place. Thugs hung about the street like it was an everyday thing. 

"Head down."

Again the orders were taken action upon by the slightly older boy. He looked to his side to the see the face of his friend. Clearly Taehyung had been there before and so he felt no need to put his own head down for features were much harsher than usual. The brunette kept his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he looked straight ahead.

"Are we almost there yet?" Jimin asked nervously as an unpleasant whiff was taken in. It had definitely come from the couple smoking behind them. The smell was so unlike the one he'd smell from the cigarettes Yoongi used, it made him wonder if the brand was different. If it was, it wasn't a very good one.

"Almost, here put this on." Taehyung dug into his pocket and pulled out a mouth mask. "You're getting looks."

Unsure why people would be interested in a teenage boy with his head down, Jimin questioned Taehyung. However the boy was having non of the curiosity and with a harsher tone he repeated himself. It was so unlike him but Jimin went ahead to put the piece on. He looked up to take in the not so nice view. The walls of apartment buildings and convenience stores were all covered in drawing, scribbles, or curse words. On at least one block a random person would be standing there to observe the two go by. On their current street it appeared to be a homeless man with a can of beer in hand. 

"V." Said the man in a raspy voice when they were right in front of him. The boys didn't stop. 

"Don't look back." 

Jimin wanted to but he didn't. The man didn't bother to call out the letter so he assumed it was not them he wanted. The incoming streets were building with people, some even wandered about the road. The seventeen year old was feeling slightly frightened by the cold appearance of the being ahead. Women with colored hairs in odd styles accompanied dominant looking men with muscular bodies. Metals pierced their fierce faces and art was decorated bodies in all different shapes and colors. 

"Well if it isn't our good buddy!" A woman screamed out in their direction.

All eyes turned to the two teenagers. 

"Come on." Taehyung urged Jimin who stopped in his tracks. "Just don't say anything."

The two walked towards the heavy set woman who looked pleased by the faces that approached her. Besides her was a single female, more petite with long brown hair and bright red lipstick. The woman to call them over smiled brightly, her cheeks rising to shut her eyes closed. It was then that Jimin noticed the two metals that indented into opposite side of her skin like dimples. 

"Hey." Taehyung said coldly. "It's been awhile."

The woman nodded. "Sure has baby, whose ya friend?"