How could you destroy my trust.

"Where are you home from?" I sighed, changing the subject. "I bet you've been to some cool places."

"Not sure I'd put it that way but yeah I guess and uh- Iraq." He said, his face falling but it quickly turned back into a smile. "But I'm making a difference, so it's rewarding."

"That's good." The conversation was only going downhill. It was weird to think about that only a year ago we were laughing about some new cartoon episode. A lot had changed.

"There you are." Jacob came up behind us. "Oh hey Rowan."

I nodded.

"We've got to go." Jacob pushed.

"Okay, yeah." Peter said, checking the time. "I'll talk to you later." He waved.

"Yeah."

I looked towards the doors, as they left. I thought about walking out myself, taking a break from the day. Maybe going surfing for the afternoon instead. I'd been so caught up with everything I hadn't been surfing for myself in a while. It was long overdue.

I needed a break.

I needed some time to think clearly and surfing would help me do that.

I wasn't one to act on impulse, I'd never skipped class before but there was a first time for everything and it was ballsy. I took one look back and then walked out the front doors.

I drove with the windows open and the radio blasting. I wanted to be normal, just for a minute. I wanted to stop thinking about Lennon.

I turned up the radio even more and forced myself to sing along.

"Some call it crazy, but I call it unique, I say you couldn't replicate it on a video screen and I overheard them saying that we got a disease, but I only got you and you only got me."

Somehow my mind went straight back to Lennon.

"Dammit." I cursed. I couldn't even pretend.

I pulled into my driveway and opened the garage. Sitting to my left was my surfboard, propped up against the wall, with my wetsuit hung up beside it. Surfing was the reason I bought my jeep in the first place. It was the easiest way to get my board to the beach and back. That and I hated taking the bus, but if I hadn't I never would have found Lennon's journal. I didn't know how I felt about that. The odds that my truck broke down the same day she lost it, the odds that I sat in the front seat, that it was the only seat left.

The odds...

I changed into a pair of swim shorts and wiggled into my wetsuit. After all these years putting it on hadn't gotten easier. I loaded my surfboard into the back of my jeep and secured it with a bungie.

I took my time driving along the coast, watching the waves crash against the rocks.

I decided I wasn't going to pretend anymore, I couldn't. The odds were in my favor, it was meant to be. I was supposed to find her journal. Most people would just pass it by, I didn't. Most people would leave it up to others to help her, I was going to help her.

I parked as close to the beach as I could, put my keys under the tire and locked my phone and wallet inside. The only thing I wanted to bring with me was my board. I pulled closed my wetsuit zipper and took a deep breathe. The pull of the waves was calling me.

I ran to the water, wanting nothing more than to immerse myself in the cold ocean water. It was just as satisfying as I thought it would be. Feeling the power as I pushed the water back as I paddled into the waves. Then I duck dived and quickly resurfaced.

Surfing, for me, was like riding a bike. I got right back to it, like I never left. I waited for the perfect wave, I could feel it coming. My finger tips were tingling in anticipation.

Small ones came and passed and I shook my head at each one. They weren't what I was looking for. Then I saw it. I watched the power surge through the water as it formed. I turned myself around and got in position. It was what I'd been waiting for. The perfect wave.

I paddled like the wind, grabbed onto the rails and popped up onto the deck of my board. I soared through the white water, feeling the power beneath my feet. A smile came to my face. It was just what I needed. My eyes drifted from the water to the beach.

For a second I thought I saw her, walking along the beach. Then I heard her voice in my head.

"I just remembered what you said about the beach being a good place to clear your mind, thought I'd give it a shot."

As fast as she appeared, she was gone. In the blink of an eye.

Someone else caught my attention. A boy around my age stood on the beach, waving his arms. It was the lifeguard. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but then it got louder.

"Watch out!"

I looked forward, just in time to see the rocks.

I braced myself. There was nothing I could do, I couldn't steer away, it was too late.

Something tore through my stomach and I hit my head. I heard a scream and then I realized, it was me. I had screamed. I was hurt, but I was frozen.

All I could feel was the water around me and pain, until it was too much and everything drifted away into darkness as I was swallowed by the ocean.

Hi guys we hope you enjoyed this chapter

Hi guys we hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let us know what you think! Also if you know of any awards going on please comment their names. We've been adding Revealing Lennon to a lot of awards to see if it will win and get feedback.

What do you think happened to Rowan? Is he going to be okay? What about what Rowan told Peter? Is Rowans mom right?