XXX (30)

I'm setting up the camera and microphones for Normani's channel. Her and Dinah are currently going over the song Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato trying to figure out ways to do harmonies together.

Dinah convinced Mani to let her do one video with her even though neither of us have actually had the chance to hear Dinah sing.

I stand behind the camera waiting while Dinah and Normani pull two stools in front of it. They take their seats and nod at me. I count down from 5 to 1 with my fingers and point to Normani.

"Hey guys! I'm Normani Kordei Hamilton and welcome to Kordei Sings! On my right is one of my beautiful single best friends, Dinah Jane Hansen" Normani gestures to Dinah who stands up and starts twerking. I can't help but laugh at how stupid she is.

Normani pushes Dinah back down into the chair and smiles at the camera.

"And as you already know, that laugh you heard belongs to my beautiful talented girlfriend Lauren Morgado who is the hottest camera woman I have ever know" She winks at me and I smile. "Today, Dinah and I will be singing you guys our cover of Sorry Not Sorry by the Demi Lovato"

They both grab their headphones and place them on their heads. Normani looks up at me and smiles.

"Hit it" I hit play and the music starts playing through the headphones and quietly out the laptop.

Now I'm out here looking like revenge
Feelin' like a ten, the best I've ever been

Normani starts off the song with her voice and chills run through my body as it does every time she sings. I have been blessed by the lord with such a talented and amazing girlfriend. She sings through the chorus and it's Dinah's turn.

Baby, fineness is the way to kill
Tell me how it feel,
bet it's such a bitter pill

My eyes go wide. Holy shit! This bitch can actually sing! Dinah sings to the chorus and when she hits it Normani puts her hand on her heart leaning to the side to look at Dinah. She begins fanning her. The soon begin to sing together.

Talk that talk baby
Better walk, better walk that walk, baby
If you talk, if you talk that talk, baby
Better walk, better walk that walk, baby
Oh yeah

The sing and Normani hits the high and long note while Dinah goes back into the chorus. The sing their lungs out and honestly, I'm amazed.

The finish the song and I slowly fade out the music and both girls take their headphones off smiling at the camera.

"Well that's our cover of Sorry Not Sorry, please remember to give us a thumbs up and to subscribe if you liked it and if you didn't, well do it because she's hot" Normani points to Dinah and Dinah holds her hand under her own chin.

"It's true, I am" Normani swats Dinah making her laugh.

"Anyways, Kordei Sings is out! Peace!" They both hold up peace signs with both of their hands and I stop recording.

I turn off the camera and start packing up the stand and putting it away while the other two climb onto Mani's bed. I sit over at her desk and plug the camera into my laptop and start editing the video.

"So, I have some important news to tell you two" I spin in the swivel chair and turn to look at Dinah. "I got accepted into The University of Southern California for basketball! Full scholarship and everything!" Dinah says excitedly.

"Oh my god D! I'm so proud of you!" Normani engulfs Dinah into a big hug.

"I knew you'd make it" I say smiling at her. Dinah smiles at me.

"Did you get into Miami?" I shrug.

"I don't know yet. I haven't gotten an acceptance letter or a decline one, so fingers crossed" I look over at my girlfriend. "What about you Mani? Where are you going? Somewhere in Florida right?" What happens next rubs me the wrong way.

Dinah and Normani look at each other with dicey eyes. Dinah breaks eye contact with Normani and plays with her fingers while Normani bites her lip and looks at me.

"I-I don't know. I'm still undecided" Normani starts playing with her fingers as well. What are those two hiding from me? I turn my attention back to the computer and continue to edit the video. Why were they both so awkward about that?