XX (20)

Time Lapse: Three Days

The girls have completely ignored me. Every time I try and talk to Ally she immediately walks away fast or if she can't go anywhere she puts her headphones pretending I'm not there.

Dinah always tells me to leave her alone and takes the anger route of threatening to beat the shit out of me.

Normani...well I haven't tried talking to her. We have most of our class together and I still haven't tried. She looks like she's going to break every time she sees Lucy and I. I want to says she's going into a depressed state. She's not her usual awkward energetic self anymore.

I'm walking out of my house and I look to my left to see Normani coming down her steps as well.

"Hey" I wave slightly with a smile. Normani looks at me and her face dips into a frown. It's hard to tell from where I'm standing, but it looks like her eyes are watering. She quickly gets in her car and drives away. I let a sigh before getting in my car and heading to school.

It's weird how you can do something to protect someone and it can end up hurting them anyways. There is no win. I date Lucy to protect her, she gets her by me. I let Lucy post the photos everywhere, she gets hurt by her and her father kicks her out. There is no win.

I pull into the school parking lot and park my car in my usually spot. I grab my bag and walk into school. I see Ally talking to some random girl and I walk straight over to her. When I get there, the girl looks at me and I cock my head to the side signaling for her to leave. She listens and Ally and I are left alone. Ally tries to walk away but I step in front of her.

"Please talk to me Ally" I run my fingers through my hair. Guilt slips on Ally's face but she quickly recovers.

"I can't talk to you, I'm sorry"

"Why not?"

"I-uh. I think someone's calling me"?Ally pulls out her phone and puts it to her ear. "Hello?" I roll my eyes.

"You're phone is upside down Allyson" I point out. God, can't even get her excuse right. Ally puts a finger in my face signaling me to 'Hold on'.

"Hey mom. Yeah, it's loud in the hall. Let me step outside" Ally ignores me completely and walks out side of the front doors.

I continue to walk down the hall looking around. I walk past a certain poster, back, up, and look at it.

PROM: It's only a month away! Don't forget to get tickets! $40 Per Person

Prom. Normani had been talking about it for while. How she wanted the perfect dress that had just enough elegance but room for her to twerk on the dance floor.

I want to ask her but I can't because she's not out, and due to the fact that she now probably hates me.

I continue to walk down the hallway when I see Dinah by her locker digging through it. I jog up to her and tap her shoulder. She looks at me before rolling her eyes.

"You better leave me the fuck alone Chapstick" I roll my eyes at her nickname for me.

"Come on D, talk to me!" She slams her locker shut.

"Why should I? You crushed Normani by going out with Lucy. What the fuck is wrong with you dawg!" She pushes past me. I keep up right behind her.

"You really think I'd just break her heart like that, after all the shit I went through to get her?" Dinah continues to walk but shrugs her shoulder.

"I don't know, Lauren. For a girl with a 4.5 GPA, you aren't the brightest" I notice the janitor's closet coming up and I quickly pull her inside. "Yo! What the fuck! Lemme out!" Dinah tries to open the door but I step in front of it.