XXVII (27)

"So do you have an vision so far on how you want to ask her?" Alessia asks taking out a pen and paper.

I'm currently seated on the ground next to her in her bedroom. We decided it's best to work on it at her house because Normani could randomly pop up at mine.

"Not really no. I just want it to be big" I state. Alessia laughs and writes BIG on the piece of paper.

"Not much to work with but it's a start" She turns to me and smiles. "I know exactly what to do" I tilt my head confused. "Tell me some thing that you like about Normani. Don't think, just let it flow out freely. I nod and take a deep breath.

"Well she's gorgeous for one, but it always confuses me how she has her doubts about her looks. If the whole world could see her smile, well I think we would actually have world peace" I stand up from the ground and begin walking around the room.

"Go on" Alessia pushes jotting stuff down.

"Well her laughs are contagious, especially her whistle laugh. If that doesn't make you smile or laugh, well something is definitely wrong with you" I laugh. "Her body is just, amazing. God definitely took His time with her. Her body curves in the right places and it amazes me. Now don't get me started on her personality. She may not think she's gorgeous, but that girl has the confidence like no before. She's a strong woman and I love that about her. I envy it. I never thought I'd be the chosen one to be the girlfriend to such a goddess. She's my everything" I freeze and look at Alessia. "Was that too much?" She shakes her head.

"Perfect actually. I got it all. It seems like you really love her" I laugh and Alessia lifts an eyebrow. "What's so funny?"

"You said love" I state.

"Yeah, so what?" I take a seat on Alessia's bed facing her.

"Love isn't a real thing. Just something stupid that humans created for some stupid reason" Alessia tilts her head.

"Damn... who hurt you?" Alessia says leaning back on her elbows but pulls out her phone. She clicks something before placing it down.

"No one. It's just love isn't a real thing, at least loving someone who isn't part of your family" I point out crossing my legs.

"Who told you this Lauren?" Alessia asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"No one. I figured this out myself" Alessia shakes her head and placed the pen down on the paper.

"Then why am I helping you make this poster if you don't love Normani?" I snicker.

"Since when does asking someone to Prom have to do with love?" Alessia eyebrows furrow.

"You really sound like an asshole right now"

"I like Normani, Alessia. She's honestly the best thing that happened to me, but I'm not in love with her. Okay?" Alessia shakes her head. She picks up her phone, clicks something, and places it back in her pocket.

"Whatever, lets work on this damn poster"

-

I open the door to my room to see Normani sitting on my bed, talking on the phone. She still hasn't noticed me yet.

"Dinah please don't cry, it's going to be okay" Normani says. I can hear Dinah's voice through the phone but not well enough to hear what she's saying. "Yes she chose her, but we all know she made the wrong decision D. Ally knows it too"

Normani looks up and sees me. She climbs off the bed and kisses my cheek. She steps into the hallway for some privacy. I place my bag on the ground and jump on my bed landing on my back.