XVIII (18)

Time Lapse: Two Weeks

Mani has pretty much turned back into her old self again. She doesn't like to be left alone with any guy, but besides that, she's pretty much back to her normal self. She's staying back at her house again, but like usually she's mostly at mine.

Her and I have become rather close over the past two weeks. I've been fingered and eaten out about about 5 times in these two weeks by Mani and I'm definitely not complaining.

She slowly started to get more comfortable and past her whole Arin situation but it's still taking some time. I've haven't gotten to the point where I came close to going down on her before she stopped me and said she wasn't ready yet, but I'm not going to rush her into something where she's not ready. No, were not dating. At least not yet.

On the Arin topic, he's gone. Nowhere to be found. Everyone's spreading rumors that he moved because he got a girl pregnant but Dinah, Ally, and I know the real reason.

"So you when you gonna ask Manz on a date?" Dinah leans against my locker.

"A date?" I question.

"Yes, a date. You know that thing people go on to get to know each other better" I roll my eyes.

"Why would I need to go on a date with her when I pretty much know everything about her. I know more about her family than she does" Dinah looks confused.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Shit.

"Nothing. I'll ask her on a date when the time is right"

"Well hopefully that time is right now, cuz here she comes" I turn around to see Normani and Ally laughing before stopping next to us.

"Hey guys" I turn to Ally.

"Hey" I say. We all sit in silence before Dinah breaks it.

"Lauren has a question for you Mani!" Dinah grabs Ally's arm quickly pulling them away. That little bitch. I look over at Normani whose tilting her head, waiting for my question.

"Uh..." I rake my fingers through my hair. "So I was wondering if... we'll like... would you want to..." Normani lets out a small laugh.

"Go on Lo. It's just me, nothing to be scared of" Yeah there is, you saying no.

"Would you maybe, like to go out on a date with me? You don't have to if you don't want to. I mean, it's your decision. It'd just be awesome if you wanted to though, but if not I totally understand. It happens. Some people just don't like dates. I mean, I don't but you seem like a girl you treat with class ya'know, so a date seems necessary. Unless you don't like dates then I fucked up. But I w-" I'm cut off by Normani taking my hand and squeezing.

"Relax Lauren. I'd love to go on a date with you" I smile at her answer. God is good.

"Really? Are you sure? Becau-" Normani rolls her eyes.

"It seems like you don't want me to go on this date" I shake my head.

"No I do. I just don't want you to feel like you need to say yes"

"You're right. I don't need to, I want to. So pick me up at 7, okay?" I quickly nod my head. "Also, what should I wear? Casual or formal?"