The Man With A...

Previously on: The Forgotten Eaton:

Nose

Now, on with the story!

**Time lapse: one month**

Bea's POV

I'm going to kill Caleb. 

There's so much evidence of him working with Jeanine that he's as good as dead, but he wants Tobias and I to cover for him since he was found innocent! I don't even know how he was found innocent. And now, he has to stay with us until Max finds him another place. I don't care of he's my blood, he's no longer my brother. 

"Bea, you okay?" Tobias asks softly and his grip around my waist tightens slightly. Neither of us have work, and Cas just left for school, so we lay in bed a little longer than normal.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I respond and rest my head on his chest. He runs his hand up and down my back and side in a soothing manor. 

"I love you." he whispers. 

"I love you, too." I say, but then begin coughing. I clutch the dark fabric of Tobias' shirt, gaining fistfuls of fabric as my coughing fit increases. 

"Bea, are you alright?" Tobias asks as my coughing dies down. 

"Yeah, I'm-" I sneeze. 

"You're sick." Tobias states. 

"I figured." I wheeze. Tobias pulls me to his chest again and strokes my hair gently, humming the words to our song, he does that when I'm sad, sick, or scared. 

"Bea?" A sleepy voice calls. 

"What?" I growl and cough again.

"Are you okay?" Caleb asks, poking his head inside our room. He glares at Tobias and Tobias glares right back. They've never gotten along, and Caleb and Tobias have always been over protective of me. Tobias doesn't like Caleb because he knows I hate him, and Caleb hates Tobias because one: he knows how close we are, and doesn't like it. Two: he doesn't like me being with any man.

"I'm fine, Caleb. Go away." I growl and Tobias laughs. 

"Fine, I have to go to work anyways." Caleb says and exits the room. 

"Finally, he left!" Tobias whisper cheers. Now it's my turn to laugh. He kisses me slowly and I kiss back. "I love you." 

"I love you, too." I mumble against his chest. 

"Sleep," He says. "I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you." 

"With what?" I ask.

"With my bare hands, obviously." He smirks and kisses my forehead as I nuzzle my head into his neck.

* * * * 

I wake later that day to cold sheets, and no Tobias. My head pounds and my belly lurches when I try and stand, causing me to collapse on the floor. Footsteps rush to my side and large, calloused hands lift me off the floor and cradle me in an embrace. 

"Bea, what are you doing?" Tobias asks softly as he lays me back down. 

"Nothing, I woke up and you weren't here, so I decided I would try and find you." I weakly smile "You can see how well that turned out." 

"You've always been clumsy, but even more so when you're sick. Come on, you need to lay down." 

"Can I-" I cough "Lay somewhere not in here? I've been in here all day." I exaggerate the words all day and he smiles, carrying me into the living room and laying me down on the sofa, where he then sits on the edge, his hand on my calf. He smiles at me.