18

"hey guys, how was your day?" my dad asked when blake and i got home.

"it was good, thank you." i smiled.

"did you manage to persuade blake to go on any rollercoasters?" soulla asked, and i happily looked over to blake, only to see he didn't have the same expression as me, but when my dad and his mum turned to him he put on a smile.

"yeah." i laughed, "and he actually enjoyed them." i said smugly, soulla grinning at me.

"well done, blake." she said with a little laugh, but blake just offered her a pretty fake smile, before going up to his room.

i went to go after him, but my dad stopped me, "lex, will you come shopping with me quickly? i need to buy luke's girlfriend a present, and i have no idea what to get her." he said.

"who's luke?" soulla asked.

"his best mate." i laughed, soulla secretly playfully rolling her eyes at me, "but yeah, of course." i smiled to dad and he smiled at me gratefully, standing up and pulling on his shoes.

"so how're you doing? i feel like we haven't had a proper chat in a while." dad said when we were in the car.

"i'm good thanks, dad." i smiled, "how're you and soulla?"

"we're really good, thank you, ella." he said with a soft smile. "are you talking to anyone?" dad winked and i laughed.

"no, dad." i lied.

"are you sure?" he teased and i nodded. "well, we can't be having that, can we?"

"i'm a strong independent woman, though."

"i'll start looking, then." dad joked and i grinned.

"thanks, dad." i laughed.

"do you want some chocolate?"

"of course." i smiled excitedly, following dad to the sweets isle and picking up a bar of bournvile dark chocolate, cadbury's milk chocolate, and some double deckers (a.n. this is english chocolate, sorry if you're not english).

when we got home, i ran upstairs with my chocolate, content, and flopped onto my bed, scattering the chocolate around me, as i turned on my tv.

i was a little disappointed and confused when blake didn't come in, but i thought nothing of it, assuming he was just tired.