Chapter 98

My head is pounding, beating through my temples like a bulk fist against a wooden door and the vomit is building at the pit of my throat. I should've read the side effects of the pill to prepare myself a little and the overwhelming illness is hindering my academic performances. No one had a clue that I left last night and Alan still refuses to talk to me. He's communicating with me, not with words but with eye rolls and scoffs of disgust. As my mom was making me breakfast, which I couldn't eat because of my nausea, I desperately wanted to have a quick talk with her about what happened, or at least use the "I have a friend who..." story and get her opinion on it but I was nervous. It was at the tip of my tongue just eager to ask but I was too afraid she'd say something I wouldn't like. Even while she was driving me to school it almost slipped but I caught myself. I pulled her aside asking if she could take me instead of Alan and she said she already planned on doing it anyway. She's sick of us arguing and fighting all the time and she told me how upset it's making her. It's stressing her out and what's worrying me the most is that the stress will get to the baby; a big cause of miscarriage.

Harry didn't text me or call me, I didn't get my usual good morning message from him and to be frank, it's pissing me off. We fought so hard for us and went through all of the bullshit with other people who doubted us and here he is getting mad because I won't give him a baby. He's being so foolish and stubborn about this and all he's thinking about is himself rather than the seventeen year old girl crying her eyes out because she's afraid her future is being drained because a human might be growing inside of her. It's ridiculous. He's so immature and naive to actually want a baby at such a young age, he won't even consider thinking about the future. He'd rather fuck it all up now.

I skipped first period gym and stayed with the nurse a bit to lie down. She became suspicious when I declined her offer of medication, even after my cries of pain, so I had no choice but to explain everything to her. There are four nurses in our school and she's the only one I trust out of them all. I think because she's the youngest she understands where I'm coming from and I know if I told the others my situation they would notify my parents right away, even if they promised not to. She just gave me a heating pad and grabbed me hot tea from the teachers lounge and cared for me the way I desperately needed to be. In a way, she provided me with the comfort Harry has failed to give me.

"Alright sweets, first period is about to end in a few minutes. You should head to your next class. How are you feeling?" She presses the back of her hand against my forehead and her perfectly filled in brows pulls together with concern, "you're really warm, Aleevonne. If you want, you can rest in the other room until you feel better. I can email all of your teachers telling them you're not feeling well." She offers turning back to her laptop. It's a tempting offer, one I would be insane to turn down since I won't have to go to class, but I'm behind on everything. I can't risk missing class anymore.

"No, no it's fine." I fake a smile and stand from the chair. I turn the heating pad off and the cold air instantly hits it, uninviting the knot back into my stomach and the lump returns in my throat. I'm such a mess and I feel like complete shit all because of my stupidity.

"Are you sure?" She raises an eyebrow, "because you don't look so good. I think I should just send you home, Alee."

"No!" I put on my best smile and attempt not to look like a bag of shit and stand with a straight back as if nothing is wrong with me, "honestly I'm fine. Really."

"If you say so." She sweetly smiles. "Come back if you don't feel better, okay?"

"Okay." I return it and grab my bag to leave. Just as I do, the bell rings and the silent halls immediately fills with chatter of students transitioning, swelling the pound in my head due to their piercing laughter and loud, obnoxious voices. "Thanks for everything, bye."