Chapter 23

"Go away!" I yelled into my pillow as Alan continued to knock on my locked door.

 "Open this door right now, Aleevonne!" he ordered strictly.

 "I'm tired, leave me alone!" I rolled over and threw my pillow at the door, laying my head on the flat mattress hoping he'll go away.

 "You have five seconds..." He warned. "Five...Four..."

I sighed out of aggravation and threw my covers off, stomping my way to the door and unlocking it.

 "I'm not a child you can't start a countdown." I said opening the door half way still holding the knob. He pushed the door open with one rough push of his hand and stared at me frustrated.

 "I'm not your father?" he repeated, not with sadness or hurt, but with anger and impatience.

 "Did your sperm make me? ...No." I rolled my eyes and tried to shut the door but again he pushed it open.

 "You need to deal with the fact that your real father is gone and is not coming back into this house and most likely into your life." he explained harshly, "And if you can't deal with me being your step-father, than pack your shit and go find him, where I'm sure he'll take good care of you with his drug money." I was left completely speechless. One because I've never even heard Alan curse before, and two I've never seen him so serious, or angry. In a way I was kind of proud that he finally defended himself after all these years of me constantly reminding him that he wasn't my real father. I crossed my arms and looked away from him knowing what he said was true.

 "Now," he said putting his hands behind his back, "where did you go." It didn't sound like a question but more like a demand.

 "Blue Cabin" I caved. His eyes widened in disbelief and he brought his hands to his hips. I uncrossed my arms and from the nervousness, which I don't know why I felt I know he won't do anything, I began to play with my finger tips.

 "Blue Cabin?" he repeated raising his voice, "What the hell were you doing there? Were you drinking? Let me smell your breath!" He stepped into my room and tried to grab me to smell my breath until I pushed him away.

 "God, relax! I wasn't drinking I was looking for Harry!" I finally told him. He stepped away from me and cocked an eye brow.

 "Harry? What was he doing there?" he asked curiously.

 "Drinking,"

 "Again?" he said with disappointment. He noticed my concerned expression and he carried on. "Why was he drinking? What happened?"

 "I don't know, he thought I hated him because we argued earlier. His mom called me and said he never came home than she said he probably stopped there. I only went to make sure he wasn't going to do anything to Liam because he goes there all the time!" I explained rushing. "Honest, I wasn't drinking or driving, I called Zayn to drive me there and we went in together and I got Harry out before he got too drunk, well he wasn't even drunk but still..." I didn't intend to explain the whole entire story to him, but it sort of just came out.

 "You can't do that, you can't just leave the house without telling me Alee." his voice was calmer and more understanding.

 "I know! I'm sorry, I was just worried." I said in hush tone while I continued to play with my fingers. "How did you even know I was gone?"

 "I was awake."

 "Why?"

 "Grading papers." he said.

 "At one in the morning on a Friday?" I questioned.

 "I have a lot of students. That's beside the point, the point is I was awake and my light was on and you should've came and asked me and we would've went together."