Chapter 2

The bell rung and I began to gather my things. By the time I finished, everyone had already left, expect for Harry who was still seated next to me. I stood up from my chair, trying my hardest not to turn and ask him why he was still seated but I thought maybe I should just mind my own business. As I was walking away, I heard heavy footsteps from behind me and knew it was him, but I chose to ignore it. I looked up at Mrs. Behl somehow hoping she'll notice my uprising tensity towards Harry, but she was busy grading papers.

I needed to know what he was doing. I was becoming nervous; extremely nervous so I turned my head acting as though I was looking out the window to look at him from the corner of my eye. His tattoo's and bad boy imagine struck me as quite fascinating, but more intimidating than that. Once I saw that his eyes locked onto mine once I made contact with him, I quickly turned around and basically sped walked out the room.

Of course the halls were already cleared, not one student was in sight and my nerves were taking over me. Why was he following me? What did he want from me? I picked up my pace and as I did I heard his loud foot steps again, this time they were right behind me.

"What do you want?" I straightforwardly asked turning to him. I even surprised myself by my tone of voice and he seemed a bit startled and took a few steps back, like he had no clue what the hell was happening.

"You dropped your notebook..." His thick accented tone echoed through the empty halls and I sighed in relief. I felt a little bad for raising my voice towards the stranger and I had hoped he didn't find me so bossy.

"Oh, I breathed out relieved, "Thank you." I leaned in to grab the book from his hands and just as I went to, my finger tips touched his and for a split second, I felt the weirdest feeling; a spark? No. Electricity? No? I didn't know what it was but it made my insides jump. He must of felt it too because once our fingers touched, I looked up at him and his eyes went wide. Within seconds his eyes went from light green to a dark shade of green and I pulled away immediately.

"Thank you..." I repeated again.

"You already said that." He reminded with a straight face. He slowly licked the corner of his lips and ran his fingers through his semi-curly hair, rubbing to rub the back of his neck unaware of what to do next.

"Yeah..." He said in monotone and quickly turned on his heel, walking rather fast down the hall away from me, ending the small conversation.

"Ms. Core!" My old Science teacher Mr. Lee yelled from behind. I watched Harry walk away, wondering why he left so suddenly and why he looked at me so weird. Maybe it was just my face. "Why aren't you in class?"

"I uh--don't know where it is.." I lied skimming the halls.

"Aleevonne, this isn't a new school, it's just a new semester, have you forgotten everything already?" He smiled.

"I guess so." I lightly chuckled.

"Where are you headed to?"

"P.E." I said.

"I need to head down there anyway, I'll walk you." He offered.

"Sure." I agreed.

We walked down to the basement where the gym was and he asked me how my Christmas break went. He told me he spent it with his wife and grandparents in Germany, being that that was where he was from. Last year he was my favorite teacher. He literally didn't give a shit about anything, like you could miss an assignment and he would just be like "make it up whenever.." and that'd be it. Obviously it's not good for a teacher to do that and it's somewhat unprofessional, but the student's loved him and didn't care.