Chapter 27 || "Skipped Class To Hook Up With Shawn Mendes"

Start from the beginning

"Shawn. Please just kiss me." I beg.

"Not until you admit that you enjoyed before; that you enjoy this." he says into my neck.

"You already know what the answer is. Why do you need for me to say it aloud?" I ask, not wanting to swallow my pride more than I already have.

"So I can hold it over your head." Shawn replies with a smirk.

"Fine. I'm enjoying this, Shawn." I finally admit.

"I know you are." he says with a laugh. His lips leave my neck and greet my own lips, kissing me gently at first. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck, our lips becoming synchronized as they move as one. We continue to make out, our kisses becoming sloppier as they become more passionate. Shawn's hip buck up to meet mine, and I grind into him. He hums quietly, his hands roaming down my body until they meet my dress. His hands go under my dress and grab my ass once more, squeezing and groping the skin there.

"Are you sure you don't want to skip?" Shawn asks in between kisses.

"No, I can't." I reply, my breathing heavy. "My parents will kill me."

"They'll never know if you don't tell them."

"Yes they will. The school will call home if they realize I'm skipping." I remind him.

"Can't you go home 'sick'?" Shawn asks, and I shake my head.

The bell rings, interrupting us. I pull away and look at him, taking in Shawn's swollen red lips and imagine mine look the same. We sit there for a minute, my hands around his neck and his hands still on my ass before I sigh.

"I have to get to Spanish before I'm late. We can skip another day, just not today." I say, leaning in to kiss him one last time. Our lips linger for a few seconds longer than usual, and when I pull away, I can still feel the presence of Shawn's lips on mine. I lick my lips and climb off of him, standing up. I bend over to grab my bookbag off the ground and I feel Shawn slap my butt. I laugh and stand up straight, looking back at him. He's just biting his lip, a slight smirk played out on his face.

"Are we studying after school today?" Shawn asks, standing up as well.

"We can talk about this in physics." I say, walking out of the row and out into the aisle. Shawn follows behind me and grabs my hand as he walks next to me. I look down at his hand, then back up at him, and smile. The gesture is so simple, yet it still makes me blush.

"Why can't we talk about it before then?" he asks, and I sigh, looking at the door and then back at him.

"Shawn, I really have to go. Just text me." He nods, kissing the top of my head before pushing me off up the aisle. I practically run up the aisle and throw open the door to the auditorium, stepping out into the hallway. Other students now mill around the halls, making their way to their next class. No one looks my way, except for Grayson who spots me coming out. He rushes over to me, linking his arm with mine and pulling me down the hall since we have Spanish together.

"Helaina, where were you? You disappeared after Mrs. Lyons gave you pass." Grayson says.

"Did she notice?" I ask nervously. Thankfully, he shakes his head.

"No, after she took attendance she went back into the girls locker rooms into her office. No other teachers noticed. So, where did you go?" Grayson asks, but at that exact moment, the auditorium door opens up and Shawn steps out. Shawn looks at Grayson and I, and beside me, Grayson's jaw drops and he squeezes my arm. "Holy shit, Helaina!"

I laugh, but I know my face is beet red. I look at Shawn who's staring at Grayson and I before sheepishly looking down. As we walk past him, I brush my hand against Shawn's arm and whisper, "Text me."

"Helaina, you bitch! I can't believe you hooked-" Grayson screams, but I cut him off.

"Quiet! I don't need the whole school knowing." I whisper, my face even redder than before.

"I can't believe you skipped class to hook up with Shawn Mendes!" Grayson whispers. "What is this, a Lifetime movie?"

I laugh, shaking my head.

"I didn't mean for it to happen. I saw him in the hallway and we started walking together and, well, Shawn can be quite persuasive when he wants to be." I admit, biting the inside of my cheek. While this wasn't the first time I've skipped class, it certainly is the most daring and adventurous. In the past, I've skipped class to go to the bathroom with Julia while she smokes or because I had a substitute and didn't feel like sitting in class. I've never skipped before to hook up with one of the most attractive boys in my school.

"As long as you're using protection, I won't shame you. You don't need to conceive a child in this school's crusty auditorium." he says, his nose crinkling in disgust. I laugh and shriek, slapping his arm playfully.

"Oh my God Grayson, we didn't have sex in there, or anytime for that matter. We just made out." I say, stepping into our Spanish classroom.

"Whatever sails your ship." he says, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't you mean 'whatever floats your boat'?" I ask, and he just shrugs.

I slide into my seat at the back of the class, pulling out my phone to quickly text Shawn before class begins.

H: we can go to my house later if you want. no one will be home