Chapter 102: Stranded! Can Nawin & Sayomi Cooperate?

En başından başla

Sayomi glance back "You either follow me or run off and get eaten by whatever dwell in this place" she states and continue to north. Nawin stare at the Pureblood's back and grits his teeth 'Something's tells me even if I decided to go the other way, she'll just drag me with her' 'You may not like to hear this, but staying with her will be the safest thing for you right now... just think of it like using her for your own survival, Nawin-kun' Sairex explain in a cold view to make it easier for his wielder.

Nawin release a long sigh and decide to swallow his pride and hate, and follow the Pureblood, though he won't be letting his guard down for even a second around her. The two walks through the jungle in complete silence, both keep their eyes wide open for whatever could strike from the dense place. 'Doesn't help that it feels like I got a hundred of eyes on my back' Nawin notes in uneasiness at the ominous vibe the place is giving.

The tall trees conceal the sun from projecting more light into the dimly lit jungle. "Can't you fly up using your wings and scout this place?" Nawin decide to speak up after a long silence "I tried... my wings are useless around this place for reason I will surely find out" Sayomi reply calmly and cuts down some thick vines that's blocking their way with her sharp nails.

"Care to elaborate?" Nawin ask "You can release the wings, but flap as much as you want, you won't be taking off. So, my dear, it seems there is an anti-flying barrier set around this place to force us to stick to the ground" Sayomi answers slowly and mockingly, sounding like she's explaining something complicated to a child.

Nawin stoic face twitch in annoyance and mentally cuss at the Pureblood and her ability of easily getting under his skin. The two continue walking through the never-ending jungle, then they pause when the ground start rumbling, it was soft and barely noticeable, but they felt it.

The two hear a giant and loud footstep from the south, from where they were drop in this place. 'That footstep is causing the shake... it's getting closer' Nawin thinks, when feeling the ground shake more violently and he start to hear some trees falling to the ground from the distance.

"Gaarrhhhhh!" a low roar is suddenly let out and a few second later, a violent wind current speed toward the two, powerful enough that's it's cutting the grass on the ground and bending the tall trees. Nawin kick himself out of the ground and to the left while Sayomi jumps to the right "I got a good idea what that is" she speaks calmly out when landing on the ground, dodging from being blown away.

"What?" Nawin reluctantly ask "A old tree golem" Sayomi reply and a massive foot makes of trees stump down in front of them with another following suit. A twenty-meter-tall Golem dwarf over them, its whole body is made of wood with some grass growing on its arms, legs, and chest, its face is structure sharp with two holes acting as their eyes and a big mouth that have terrifying looking sharp wooden teeth's that looks like it can chew a bus like it was butter.

The Golem spot the two and raise its right arm up in the air before descending it down to them. Nawin looks at Sayomi, who looks back at him, the two stares at one another in silence as the hand is closing down on them. Sayomi suddenly smirk when seeing the Makasha isn't moving, forcing her to shoot her right hand up and stop the massive hand while Nawin jumps up.

The whole area explodes by the force behind the fist, trees rip away from the ground and the grasses eradicate by the strength of the force that it leaves nothing but dirt and cratered area with the only living thing standing on it is Sayomi, holding the massive hand back with ease. Nawin lands on the Golem's hand and dash upwards, walking up its arm 'I want to get up top of its head to get the view of this place, though it needs to stand straight so it's head can stick out from these ridiculously tall trees!' he thinks and jump over some large holes on the Golem's arm.