Chapter 29

If you're cold you hurt people,
If you're sensitive they hurt you.

Jason's p.o.v

"What's been up with you? You ugly little fucker." Johnny said as he slammed me into the lockers of the locker room. My heart raced as he pushed himself up against me. His set of brown eyes that I remember from when we were younger.

                      ~Flashback~
"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Johnny, Happy birthday to you." We all sang out as Johnny blow out the 10 candles. His mom started to cut the cake giving him the biggest slice and passed the other slices around.

Once we're done eating we were sent out to play outside in the back yard. Nick covered his eyes as he started to count. We all took off running to hide some where. Johnny and I ran for the woods where our moms told us not to go.

I was scared and stayed close to Johnny. We sat by a tree and waited.

"Jason?" He whispered

"Yeah" I responded trying to stay as quite as possible.

"I wished to be the coolest kid in the school when I blew out my candles, Do you think it'll come true?" He says with serious tone in his voice.

"I don't know but if you do will you still be my friend?" I asked looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Of course will be friends forever." He flashed me a smile and we locked our pinkies together. After that we heard Ashton yelling that he was found so we came out of our hiding spot.

~End of flashback~

"Remember when you said we would be friends forever?" I heard myself say.

I saw a look of hurt and anger in his eyes. "Yeah but that was a long time ago Jason before I realized how fucked up in the head you are and the fact everyone in your family hates your guts, If there even your family." He spat the words at me.

He shoved me down when Charlie and Troy came in. A part of me wonders if Troy would help me. I hate him with every bone in my body but I maybe he cares about me now after that kiss. I looked up at him and saw pain flash across his eyes.

"How about you guys leave him to me and go to math and tell them I had to use the bathroom while I take care of Jason" Troy said while a wicked smirk came across his face.

"Save some for us to" Charlie said while laughing. Then Johnny and Charlie left me with satan. Once I heard the door closed I knew my life was over. He was going to stuff me in a locker, lock it and never let me out.

My heart raced as he went to the door and I heard a lock sound. My breathing got fast and heavy as I heard him walking back to me. I covered my face with my hands waiting for him to punch the crap out of me. But it never came.

I opened my fingers to see what he was doing and he was just sitting there digging through his bag. I put down my hands watching his every move. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"Want one?" He asked. I swallowed and stood up. I sat beside him and he handed me a cigarette.

"Is this going to set off the smoke alarm?" I say to him.

He shook his head no and said "Me and the rest of the football team do this all the time." He lit his up and passed me the lighter. I lit mine up and gave his lighter back. I felt the smoke fill up in my lungs then I blow it watching it leave my body.

I breathed in more of the smoke and blew it out. Mine and Troys smoke dance around, wrapping up' together and disappearing. I felt his hand wrapped around mine and intertwine​ our fingers. My heart started to race. I moved closer to him but he wasn't looking at me.

"You kind of remind me of my brother." Troy said just above a whisper. I saw the pain in his face.

"I didn't know you had a brother?" I say to him. His grip on my hand got tighter and I moved a bit closer to him.

"Most people don't know that, He died a long time ago, I was 7 and he was 14, Something about you reminds me of him and it hurts me to say this but I took my anger out on you for my brother." He choked at the end of his sentence.

"I'm sorry Troy I didn't know that about you, I know how that feels." I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. I could feel his chest up against mine. His hair smelt like Irish spring. I felt my face flush a bright red.

He pulled back and staired at me with a longing look in his eyes. I put my hand behind his head and leaned in. I swear my heart was about to jump out of my throat. For some reason I loved it. I felt his tongue slide across my bottom and I froze I didn't know what to do.

I opened my mouth a bit and his tongue slide in. I've never felt this before and I loved it. I pulled back needing air. Breathing heavily on each others lips. He leaned in again but I copied his moves this time. The bell went off scaring me half to death.

It brought me back to reality. I have a boyfriend that loves me and I'm sitting here kissing my bully. A sinking sensation twisted in my stomach. I pulled back from him and ran for the door. I unlocked it and took off running. I just cheated on the only person who loves me.

I ran all the way to the city park and sat by a tree. I'm the worst person in the whole world.

(pic above is Johnny)