chapter 13

Michael's p.o.v

     "dad, what's wrong with Jason?" lilly asked. i put the bag of clothes down and walked up to the bed.

     "Jason, are you awake?" lilly poked him in the stomach. he let out a groan then his eyes open.

     "dad?" he said not even looking at me.

     "Jason, I'm right here." i said. i pulled a chair up to his bed. his blue eyes staired into my brown ones.

     "why are you here, doesn't lilly have another pageant today?" he mumbled not breaking eye contact with me.

"yeah she does but we're not going to go, i want to stay here with you."

     "just go, I'll just stay at Evan's if he lets me." he looked so worn out.

"i just can't leave you here jason, you need someone here with you." i pushed the hair out of his face and he shook his head no. he sat up the blanket only covering his lower half. i never noticed just how skinny he was.

"dad, just go it's clear that they want to go, you can get money from the pageant." he tried to reason with me. i let out a sigh in defeat.

"fine, I'll call Evan parents but if they don't answer will you be fine with staying with mike?"

     "mike? do you mean your co worker?" 

"yeah the one that watched you when we went on that trip a couple of months ago." i answered. he bit his lip and shook his head yes. i pulled my phone out of my pocket and walked out the door. I scrolled through my contacts until i found mike.

"hello?" mike answered sounding really happy to talk to me.

"hey mike, um can you do me a favor."

"yeah sure anything."

"ok, well my son Jason is going home today but lilly has a pageant, is it ok if i drop him off at your house?" i crossed my fingers hoping he would say yes.

"yeah sure, how long will he stay?"

"about three days."

"that works for me."

"thank you so much mike, see you in a bit" i said. then we hung up. i walked in and there was a nurse standing there telling jason that he could go home. he shook his head and grabbed his bag of clothes and went to the bathroom.

     "you never answered my question dad." lilly said when the bathroom door shut. "he never had a break down this hard before, did something happen to him?"

"I don't know lilly, maybe its our fault we never payed him attention like we did you and the rest of the family shunned him because, well you know why." i said. i couldn't finish the last part. he came walking out his hair in his face again. a little bit of eyeliner around his eyes. Making them pop.

     "Did Evan parents answer?" he asked looking at the floor.

"No they didn't but mike did, you'll be staying there." i responded to him. he shook his head yes and we all walked out.

Jason's p.o.v

     "you never answered my question dad." i heard lilly say. like she really cares how im feeling. i looked at my knuckles and all of the stitches I have. "he never had a break down this hard before, did something happen to him?" i rolled my eyes. i hope they know I can hear them, I'm not deaf.

"I don't know lilly maybe its our fault we never payed him attention like we did you and the rest of the family shunned him well because you know why." my dad said. what does he mean by that? I finished up my eyeliner and walked out.

"Did Evan parents answer?" i asked not looking at him. i guess I've gotten use to not looking at them in the eyes.

"no they didn't but mike did, you'll be staying there." he said. i really wanted to stay with Evan but it's whatever, at lest I don't have to be stuck in a car for 9 hours. i shook my head yes and we all walked out.