Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I walk stealthily down the hallway. I press my ear against the door and smirk when I hear voices.

“Make sure that you do.” I hear footsteps coming closer and quickly jump up and stand on the roof using undetectable chakra.

The door opens and out steps the Raikage.

She walks down the hallway and disappears around the corner.

I jump down and enter the room.

Sitting at the Raikage’s desk is Jilu, the Raikage’s second in command. He is sorting through some papers, oblivious to what is about to happen. He looks up when I enter the room.

He stands and stumbles back when he sees my mask.

“The Crimson Snow Rose!” he stutters.

“That’s right.” I smile.

I activate my Ketsueki-Me and press my hands together in a simple seal.

His eyes bulge and blood starts trickling down his face from the corners of his eyes. I smirk and cause his blood vessels in his arms to burst. I do the same for his legs. His mouth opens and closes like he is trying to say something but no noise comes out.

I creep closer and finish him off by bursting the rest of his blood vessels and making his heart explode.

Blood splatters my mask and cloak. The floor is soaked with blood.

I place the white rose I had been carrying down in a pool of blood, staining the tips of the petals scarlet. I smirk, satisfied that my calling card will be seen.

I then rip a blood red cloud out of the cloak and place it on the dead man’s chest.

I turn when I hear footsteps. I smirk again and break the window. The footsteps come urgently now.

I take one last look at the bloody mess and jump out of the window.

Once I am at a safe distance from Kumogakure I stop for the night.

As I drift off to sleep I think of what their expressions might have been when they discovered the body. I smile at the thought of the enraged Raikage.

I roll over and stare at the stars until my eyes droop closed.

I take in a deep breath, breathing in the fresh air. I walk out to the middle of Naruto Bridge and lean against the railing.

I stand there until almost sunset until I hear someone crossing the bridge.

I turn to see Isabel and her tall silent companion.

I nod in acknowledgement. She does the same.

“I hear the job went well. You have created quite a stir.

“As promised, your payment.” I accept the bag of money from her.

“Here is your cloak.” I offer the torn bloody cloak. She takes it and smiles at the blood stains.

“You certainly made a mess.” I grin.

“I can’t help it if I like a little blood when I make an impression.” She chuckles.

“We will be in touch. I will send messages through Nikkou and Kagem and your contact. How can we reach her?”

“Her name is Utau and she currently resides in Konaha.” I say reluctantly.

“Thank you. I will see you again.” She bows then turns and walks back to her dark partner and transports both of them away.

I smirk then start my journey back to Konaha.

***Authors Note***

I just finished watching the latest episode of Naruto Shippuden available so I thought I would be nice and post another chapter.

I know its short but I am posting two chapters in one day so you really can’t complain….or did I post the other chapter yesterday?....anyway I hope you enjoy this latest chapter of Poker Face!

Oh yeah! Don’t forget to vote and comment!