Chapter 2 : A Lonely Cat Boy

Jimin's pov

"Hahaha! Look at that cat boy! He's feeding his cat army called 'meow meow'. Hahahah!" A boy laughed at me. I stared at him fiercely.
"Oh no! The cat boy is staring at me. How scare!" Another boy laughed at me joining his friend. I didn't say much, I lifted my hand and pointed at them.
"What are you pointing at? You think you have somesort of magical pow-.. What?" The first boy look at the cat below him.
"Hey the cats seem angry to you," said the second one.
"No its- Arhhh!!" One of the cat bit him at the hand. The boy ran away as he crying.
"Hey! Wait me up!" The second boy follow him. Leaving me all alone again.

"They are not my army, they're my friend" I whispered to myself as I stroking one of them.

My name is Park Jimin. I was pretty lonely since my parents dies when I was 5. My aunty took care of me. I don't have so much friend. My friends averagely is cat since my aunty is a cat lover. I've used to all scratch and bite thing. All the cats around the street I found, I will give them food and cure them if they being hurt. I lived in Busan. A city that always busy. I'm always getting bullied at school. But I have one best friend and my only friend. His name was Taemin. He loves cat as much I did. He always come to my house and play together with the cats.

"Jimin! I-" He slipped to the floor. I looked him.
"I told you not to run" He stand up.
"Look what I found!" He showed up a poster.
"A poster?"
"No! Read it!"
"School dance competition," I read it. What's with that Taemin excited about?
"And....?" He look at me hopefully.
"And?"
"How do you become so stupid? We have a chance to show our talent!" He explained.
"Ouhh.." He was right. How can I become so stupid?
"The audition will be held in 3 weeks. We have enough time to practice. What do you say?" He turned to me handing his hand to shake with me.
"I don't know. But, lets give it a try." I shaked his hand.

First week

"Jimin! Get out and let's go practice!" He shouted outside as he knocking the door. My aunty not aroud this time. She's working. So, I don't mind if Taemin gonna knock the door like a maniac.
"Jimin!!!!" He shouted again.
"Wait!!" I shouted back at him. I'm giving Curry, my cat and his friend some dry cat food.
"Curry, please take care of your friend okay. I'll be back soon," I told Curry and rush to the door as Taemin is quiet out there. Maybe he fed up to shout my name. After locking all the door, I saw Taemin.. In a different way. Is he dead waiting for me?
"Tae-"
"Oh you're done? I just want to sleep because waiting for you is just like waiting for an year to done." He said like an old man.
"Stop it Taemin."

We headed to the city streets. Taemin says, if we do it at the street we could get some cheer and burn our spirit and whatsoever.

"We arrived. Turn on the music and lets get started," He said to me. I nodded and turn on our first music, BTS's 'Fire'. We started our dance and all people there crowding us to see what's happening. I peek into Taemin's face. He really enjoyed this practice. So was I. I feel great having him as my friend.

The audition day

"What? We can't join unless we separate?" Taemin shocked. He look at me.
"It's okay. We still can practice together." I said to him. He agreed. So, in this audition we are not team and we go inside separately. Luckily, we both chosen to the competition.

Days after days we've been practicing and Taemin and I made it to final stage. Taemin didn't come to take me with him for the practice. I guess he found a new practice partner. So.. I've been practicing by myself. Curry will be there for me. At least.

The final competition day

Today is the day. Taemin didn't contact me at all. I don't know what happened him. Hope he will be okay.

The competition has started a while ago. All the competitors was great. I afraid if I didn't make it well. It's Taemin's turn. He passed me..

"Good luck." He whispered at me without any expression.

Then I realized it, he changed. He's not Taemin that I know. But, I just keep that in my mind.. I don't want to distract him. He walked up to the stage. He started his dance gracefully. He was amazing. It just like he was on ice. Sliding everywhere gracefully. I wish I could be like him. After he bows to the judges and the peoples, he came back to the backstage.

"Taemin, you're doing great out there. You're just like floating in the air." I greeted him.
"Thank you." He replies and continue his walk to the refreshments.

Is he okay? He even don't want to talk with me. Maybe I've burden him so much. But, I kept that away. I need some focus to my performance since mine is after Taemin's. I looked up at the stage they were setting in. I saw someone up there. But maybe it was one of the staff. Now, its my turn. I'm a bit nervous. I walked up the stage. The music has been played and I start my move. From turning and twisting, I feel confidence. Just at the moment, I slipped my feet and I fell down. My back hurts as it the first part to hit the floor. Everyone in the auditorium gasped. I look at the backstage as if some staff will come to me. I turned and I'm in shook. Taemin is laughing at me. And I heard him...

"Look at that cat boy! He fell! Of course he wouldn't win!"

All of this time I trusted him. He's the one who planned this. I woke up even the staff warned me. I ran as fast as I could. I don't want to see him anymore. He's a backstabber.

I open the door weakly as my energy has run out. My aunty was home. She shocked to see me like this.

"Oh my. What happened to you? Tell me." She wrapped her arm around me. That just make me feel sad even more and I cried loudly relieving my stress.
"Let it go, Jimin my dear. I know you need a shoulder to cry on." She exclaimed. I knew she will be by my side.

------------------
Author note

Feel free to put a comment down here. Tell your opinion about my story 😁😄