Past Fears->28

-AJ's Point of View-

"What are you doing to him?!" I screamed as Bruce sat unconscious in a metal chair across from me. General Ross hovered over him, like a tiger about to pounce it's prey. "Why are Sharon and Darcy attacking us? What do they want?' I wanted answers, because confusion was the only emotion other than fear that I felt right now.

Betty stood up and walked towards me. "Sharon wants revenge on Nikki. After Sharon broke up with Steve, she realized that she cared about him a lot more than she thought. She tried to return a few months later, and what she found was Nikki and Steve, on a date. Darcy wants revenge on you and Cecile. Cecile because apparently she took Loki from her. Darcy more so wants revenge on you, because you ruined her life. You turned the Avengers and Loki against her because they cared about you more than her. She has been plotting this since the moment she left Avengers tower." Betty returned to her lab table after explaining this, and began to put a blue serum in a syringe.

I glanced at Bruce. General Ross had tied him to the chair and he was still completely unconscious. I looked down at the chains tied to me and was suddenly filled with fear.

But before I could reflect on my impending doom, Betty handed the syringe to her father, who injected Bruce quickly. "Betty and I will leave you two to talk. I'm sorry about your torture. It's funny, your friend Nikki is getting a similar torture, but yours is significantly worse. Darcy is a cruel one. Good luck." And with that, General Ross chuckled and left, Betty trailing behind.

The fear quickly grew into paranoia. Before I could freak out, I noticed Bruce's eyes flicker open. "Bruce! You're awake! That's fantastic. I was afraid you were hurt." Bruce seemed to study me for a moment, and then his face began to twist with anger. "Bruce? What's wrong?" I asked, the paranoia settling in.

Bruce breathed in. "You! You did this. You made me a monster!" He yelled. His eyes became green. "Bruce! Please, it's me, AJ!" I pleaded with him. Bruce nodded, anger seeming to spread through. "I know its you. AJ, the one who caused me pain. You are evil! I HATE YOU!"

I felt as if I had been stabbed in the heart. They had brainwashed him. He thought I was evil, he hated me. "Bruce, please! Don't you remember?"

Bruce scowled, and green began to take over his face. "I remember how much I hate you." The Hulk took over completely, and the chains broke. The Hulk picked up the chair I was in and threw it across the room. The chair broke, and I fell on the ground, pain spreading through my ankle like a wildfire. It must have been broken, or dislocated, or something.

The Hulk walked closer to me, his footsteps causing me to bounce around. I tried once again to get through to him. "Hulk, please listen to me. I'm not evil, I promise. Why cant you remember all of those amazing moments we've had?! I love you, and I would never hurt you! Please understand that."

The Hulk continued to come towards me, and within seconds, he had thrown me across the room once more. Pain surged through my wrist and my entire left leg, and I didn't know what I was going to do. The Hulk came back, and he picked me up. He began to close his fist around me slowly, as if to crush me. My right leg was filled with pain as his fist closed tightly around me. I realized that this may be the end. With everything I had, I looked into his eyes. I had to try one more time. "I wont blame you. If I die here and now, I will not blame you. Ever since we started dating, I have had the best time of my life. You saved my life Bruce. You made me finally see something good in a world that wasn't so good to me. You are the only thing left for me. And if this is the last chance I have to say it, Robert Bruce Banner, I love you."

The Hulk's fist stopped tightening. Our eyes met, and Hulk's face went blank. "A-AJ?" The Hulk remembered me. Did he remember me?

Immediately. Bruce began to calm down. The Hulk put me down on the ground and shrank back into Bruce. He began to crawl towards me. "AJ...." he whispered. At this point, both of my legs were somewhat broken, and my wrist must have been sprained. Bruce kneeled next to me as I lay there, my body sprawled out on the ground. I used my good arm to push myself up. I winced, and Bruce helped me sit up.