"Tay-K 47 my rap name." My mouth made a small 'o' and I nodded. I only heard him say something about rapping a couple of times.

"Definitely the next big thing." Buddy That Drove Us Here said.

"Damn right, Ty. But I just came ova' here to see if you ended up putting the finishing touches on da album." The bald dude nodded and grabbed his phone.

"I made the whole album available, you been gettin' followers, right?" He looked like he was thinking, then nodded.

"So, your job is to go to that party at—what y'all youngin's call it? The Spot? And perform a couple of songs. Ya blowin' up, baby." He dapped him up again.

"Preciate that, B." B nodded his head at me, and I did the same back as we exited out of the studio. We got into Ty's car and headed to the party. We got there and they were bumping a familiar ass song.

"Aye, what's song called? I think Ziggy let me listen to it one day."

"Megaman. You like it?" He said as we got out the car.

"Yeah, shit bump."

"Preciate that, I worked hard on it." I gave him a look.

"Damn, you out here making big boy moves in the quiet?"

"Yeah, but now the world finna hear me." He smiled a little before he turned around and walked in.

"Aye, stay right there." I sucked my teeth and leaned on the wall. Here I was, in the same position I always end up at parties: alone and bored. I made conversation with the girl beside me, before the MC's voice shattered through the middle of my sentence. I groaned and turned to the stage.

"Ladies n gents, put ya hands together for the man himself, Arlington's very own, Tay K!" The crowd got hype as hell as Tay walked up in the stage.

"Damn, he got hella fans."

"Yeen know? Child, he the hottest name on the block. Cute, too." I giggled a little at her. I honestly didn't know why I hadn't connected the dots sooner. He was performing a song I had heard multiple times, but only when niggas were walking down the halls with a speaker.

"Beat it up, where I nut? Shorty face!" Everybody was rapping along, jumping all around. This shit was really crazy. I never really though I would be watching my friends perform anywhere. I was just praying I ain't have to see them laying in a casket. He had the party jumping for ten or so more minutes before he disappeared for a while. When Essence and Zoe popped in, I started coming out of my shell. I started recording everybody and getting lit. I felt somebody tap me on my shoulder, making me spin around. Tay was behind me.

"Yeah?"

"Lemme fuck witchu real quick." I turned around and followed him. I peeked back at the girls who were laughing and making nasty little gestures. I rolled my eyes and waved them off, turning around and following him again. He pulled me into a back room.

"Ion know why yeen catch all them hints I was throwin' at you all this time." I felt my face heat up like hell.

"W-what?"

"Bout my songs n shit. I was tryna get you to listen a long ass time ago." He laughed and I sighed, feeling my heart rate slow down. I looked him in his face and his eyes were super red. He licked his lips slow before he talked again.

"Nah, but lemme know if you wanna go home or some and then two ain't tryna leave, I gotchu." He mumbled before leading me back out. He ended up taking me back home a couple of hours later, I wasn't feeling it anymore. He just got Ty to give all of us a ride home.

"Bye..." D'Essence waved flirty at Ty, and he waved back, not really catching the vibe.

"Y'all wanna sleep over? Mama ain't gone be home 'til tomorrow."

"Bet."

"Aight, lemme get my clothes. I'll be over there in like five minutes." I told her, walking up the steps as they nodded. I went in and grabbed my charger and started going through my clothes. I heard a creaking noise.

"What, Tay?" I say before I even turned around.

"I can see ya speaker?" I nodded, pointing to it.

"Thank ya." He said as he passed by.

"Yo dad home?" I shook my head, turning around. I was trying to get the perfume off the dresser, but he was blocking it. I tried to reach around him but he just stepped in my way again.

"Must be tryna get this?" He grabbed it and held it out. When I reached for it, his hand shot up in the air, and I groaned.

"Stop—being—so—annoying!" I jump up at it, and he just goes up higher. He laughed as he looked down at me, and I mugged him. He started staring at me as he slowly handed me the perfume. I took it, dropping it behind me. He leaned in and kissed me, nudging me back a little. I lost my balance and we fell on my bed. He started kissing my neck and pulling at my shirt. I moaned softly before I tried to nudge him off me.

"Wai—shit..." I hiss when I hear the front door open. He jumped off me and ran to my closet.

"Hey baby." My dad greeted as he passed the door, only glancing in.

"Hey daddy..." I sigh.

"School good?" I heard him ask from his room.

"Yeah. Work good?" I frantically wave Tay out, and he tiptoes out. I gather my stuff.

"I guess." He grumbled. We stepped out into the hallway. I cursed when I saw that he was in the bathroom, door open.

"I'm goin' ova to Z's house for the night. That's okay, right?" Tay skipped through the doorway in one step.

"You know that. Bye, Ebony. Bye, Taymor. Tell ya Uncle I said hey, wheneva you see him." My heart skipped a beat, and we looked at each other side eyed.

"I gotcha." He said, letting out a shaky breath.

"Can you walk her ova dea? You know Tommy dumb ass be out 'round this time."

"Yessir." I opened the front door and rushed out. Tay laughed as he shut the door. I slapped his chest and rolled my eyes.

"Bitch, you can't be comin' in my house wit' all that shit."

"You said that like you wasn't likin' it."

"Fuck you." I said as we went down the steps, heading to Zoe's apartment.
__________

So ik I said surprise in my other book...this not really a surprise but, hey 🤷🏾‍♀️ I wanted to started out with way more chapters but I don't like to wait 😂

Comment and Vote 💚💛