Bound To Believe

February 20, 2018
9:05 pm
(Maine)

"Maine?"

He said with a tone that speaks of, hope, fear, surprise and anxiousness. I too was in shock. Maybe the universe isn't so cruel.

"RJ..." I called back.

Mac:
Dictation results🎙

"Rj?"

End of dictation

Richard alertingly sat back on the farthest possible area of the couch and left the Macbook on the center table. I could almost hear his heartbeat due to his nervousness and shock.

"Shit, I need to get some rest. Ahhh! Nababaliw na ko, no no no." He told himself and he regained his composure.

"Richard no! You're not crazy, Love." I told him, in high hopes of dictating it to him through my laptop.

I know this, me, him, all of us, all of these, is so messed up right now. But, it won't hurt if I try to live through this rather than walk around like a real ghost in remorse.

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"Richard no! You're not crazy, Love."

End of dictation

"What the heck is wrong with this computer!" He yelled in frustration, but it seemed to me like he was on the verge of believing in what his eyes were making him read.

"Central Park, skating rink, 2015." I confidently said.

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"Central park, skating rink, 2015."

End of dictation

"Jusko po... God help me, this can't be real. I can't believe this." He mumbled.

"July 16, Mansyon, Lola Nidora, Me and You."

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"July 16, Mansyon, Lola Nidora, Me & You."

End of dictation

He sighed and slowly looked at the computer screen with a curious face, a face that is half convinced of what he wants to be believed in.

I sighed and uttered another phrase.

"October 24, Jean-Georges, Observatory, Locket Necklace... First Kiss."

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"October 24, Jean-Georges, Observatory, Locket Necklace... First Kiss."

End of dictation

Finally, I saw his genuine smile as he sobbed. His hands ran through his temple, then his hair and ended on his nape. Richard sighed and chuckled.

"Oh God... Kung totoo man to, and if you're here, I love you so so much Maine."

I thought to myself, 'He's still not convinced enough to be serious about this'. So I thought of something that would definitely make him believe, and with connection to what he said.

"Ang cheddar mo."

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"Ang cheddar mo."

End of dictation

That's all it took for me to see the seriousness in his eyes, buried deep inside the thick layer of mixed thoughts and emotions.

"How is this possible Maine?" He finally asked, in a direct manner.

"Hindi ko din alam. All I know is that, I cannot reenter my body yet."

I observed him as he stared at the screen of the laptop, patiently waiting for a response.

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"Hindi ko din alam. All I know is that, I cannot reenter my body yet."

End of dictation

"I'm sorry Maine. Dahil sa akin, you're in this state. I'm sorry, I should have driven you with me. I should have taken care of you better..."

"Wasn't your fault... It was pure accident. I love you."

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"Wasn't your fault... It was pure accident. I love you."

End of dictation

"Nasaan ka ngayon Love?" He asked.

"Beside you, on your right."

Mac:
Dictation results 🎙

"Beside you, on your right."

End of dictation

He then looked at my direction, unsure of what was to happen next. But with these words, he assured me his love.

"Mahal kita... sobra."