Linking Park

(Richard)
2:30 pm
February 14, 2018
New York City

I walked around Times Square, enjoying the hustle and bustle of the huge and noisy city. The civilians were rushing in and out of different buildings, carrying different ID's, wearing different clothes, for different jobs.

As for me, I just landed yesterday from a flight. I flew the plane for two days, from Asia to USA. Maine still has her book going, but she doesn't give a clue on whether it is a sequel from her previous book, or it is a new one.

Whenever I find her sitting or lying down with her laptop, she shoves me off coyly and acted like she was annoyed at me for some reason. But we both know that she was just looking for a loophole to kick me out of the laptop's perimeter.

I went in on one of the jewelry shops that I went into last week and took out the receipt from my back pocket.

"Good day Sir! What must we get for you?" The old man in suit with a folder asked me.

I showed him the receipt and he smiled brightly at me, as if to tease.

"A proposal sir?" He coyly asked as he patted me awkwardly on my back.

Sure it was meant to be playful and accommodating, but something tells me that this guy is, how could I say it... he's a Bes?

"No... Not yet though. It is reserved for some other time." I told him.

"I figure, the chain necklace with a pendant cross is for today eh sir?"

I nodded and smiled at him. He giggled like a child and asked me to wait for a short while.

In about five minutes, he returned with the necklace and ring, both inside different leather boxes.

"Is this it?" I inquired as he placed the boxes on the counter.

I peeked inside the two boxes to check if it really is the two jewelries that I bought. One is an emerald cut diamond ring, and the other is a golden necklace with a cross pendant and a yellow gem that's pierced on the bottom butt of the cross.

"This is it. Thank you very much!" I exclaimed with glee.

He smiled at me and began placing the boxes inside the bags. He returned my receipt with a stamp and bid me goodluck for today's events.

I then went to the flower shop three blocks away and picked up the yellow carnations, with white roses that trailed off at the bottom of the huge bouquet.

I placed all of those inside the trunk of the small car that I just bought last month. I then went to a supply store nearby to pick up a card and an envelope.

I wrote a letter to Maine telling her to meet me at the ice skating rink later at 7:00 pm. I placed it within the crowding flowers of the bouquet, with the box of the necklace that says:
"Wear Me"
and drove off to Maine's unit.

I walked inside the lounge of the hotel and I looked around it a little bit, savoring the details of the greek inspired interior.

Maine's newfound friend; the receptionist, then saw me and waved with her hand that was holding on to the telephone. Her name was Lliah as in 'lee-yah'. She hates it when somebody pronounces it as 'lie-ah'.

"Rich! What's up?" She greeted after she hung up the telephone.

"Lliah, can I ask you a favor?"

"Give me that bouquet, you're too mainstream already." She teased as she grabbed the bouquet over the counter and carried it like a fragile infant.