A Love That Won't End 5

The next day

(Richard)

I looked at my self in the mirror again and observed my outfit. Brown jeans, white converse and a checkered shirt. I stood up straight and smiled to myself, checking if I look fine. I thought I was for the first few minutes, but instead, I removed my shirt and tossed it into the hamper.

I looked through my luggage for the twelfth time to search for a top that would definitely satisfy me. I was a nervous wreck and I have been awake since 4:00 in the morning. I want to leave a good impression on her parents so that they would know that their daughter is safe with me.

As I went through my bag, I saw a gray round-neck shirt with a simple light blue circle right at the middle of the chest. I lift it up and remembered that Maine gave this to me as a present when I told her that I finally processed the requirements for building my own restaurant franchise in New York.

The shirt is in the theme of Iron Man, but in a not too showy way. Its just plain symbolism for my hero. I stood up and smiled. This should be the perfect top for this day. I went towards the mirror once again and wore the shirt. Its the one alright. Not to formal, not too casual. I smoothened my shirt, removing the forming creases and sprayed a light but manly perfume.

I checked my wrist watch and saw that its already 5:50 am. I wanted to get to their place early so that I could spend a lot of time proving my worth to her family. So I snatched my backpack containing my charger, phone, a small wrapped box for Kuya Nico and for her mother and boxes of different types of chocolate. Then I picked up the wrapped medium sized box containing my gift to her youngest brother and then the ribboned red wine I bought.

I walked downstairs where my family bid me good luck. I told them that I'll just call them tomorrow so they could meet me at the airport to get my car and so that they could say goodbye to me.

Feeling anxious to drive away, I picked up the keys for my Black Pick-up and went out to the garage. As soon as I got in, I revved the engine and settled all my gifts on the passenger seat. After everything was in place, I drove away and made my way to the city proper to pick up four of the bouquets I ordered last night, then I bought three boxes of Cassava cake, three boxes of buko pie and two large boxes of Pichi-pichi.

As soon as all of those that I have to grab were picked up. I texted Coleen to tell her that I'm on my way. She was my only contact since she was really close with Maine, they get to talk every night through skype or facetime, so I get to talk to her too. Besides, she was the first to know aside from Sheena, that I am courting Maine. Also, I left Maine a message that I will be sleeping early, since its about 7:00 pm in Europe.

I practically begged Coleen to not tell their parents who is it that was going to visit them today. I pleaded for her to cover for me to Maine and her Parents because I wanted to surprise both. She said yes ofcourse, as long as I will not hurt her sister, or else she'll be the first to kick my ass off of the plane.

I officially left Laguna by 7:00 am, I also dropped by on a drive thru to grab some breakfast to fill my stomach. When I reached the cities, there were short but constant traffics. But still I got through. Then by 9:00 am, I reached the proper of Sta Maria Bulacan. I stopped by the nearest Bay and texted Coleen that I have arrived. She instantly replied, telling me that she will be calling in a few moments.

Ate Coleen calling...

"Hello po ate Coleen. Nandito na po ako malapit sa may pinaka arko ng Sta Maria." I informed her.

She chuckled at my statement but stopped immediately. "Richard, Coleen nalang, muka naman akong matanda sayo, eh halos magkaedad lang tayo."