Bound to See

February 16, 2018
2:00 pm
(Maine)

My family was said to be coming here...

And yes...

I'm still here...

Alive nor dead,

Dreaming nor breathing,

Living nor dying...

Well, baka mas more on dying.

Maybe.

I'm not sure.

Di ko naman na sure kung ano ako ngayon eh.

Di ko sigurado kung buhay pa ko.

Baka nga multo na ko eh, seems like it though right?

Walking around, but can't be seen, nor touched. Pero, maybe not. Nakakatakot ang ghosts, di pa naman ako mukhang nakakatakot..

So far.

I'm talking to myself. I'm going bananas.

"Richard!" A familiar female voice echoed from the elevator area about fifty foot away.

It was immediately heard, because

First:
Only counted people are within the vicinity of the whole floor.

Second:
It's very alarming.

Third:
It's alarmingly loud.

Yeah, I've said alarming twice.

Damn... aren't I too funny or giddy for this situation?

It's like... bes, naglalakad kaluluwa ko and I seem to suddenly be happy.

"Richard? May tumawag sayo." Sheena informed Richard.

Sheena was at my right and Richard was at my left. They're a seat apart and I'm currently on that seat, but only I knows that I am.

Sneaky. Yet scary at some point.

Richard looked to his right, towards the direction of the voice that soon became voices.

"Sila tita?" Richard asked with a hint of being afraid.

"RJ!" Kuya Nico said as all of them came into a clear view, all at once, with red puffy eyes, and clogged noses.

Richard stood up and tears; once again- formed in his eyes.

"Nico..." Richard weakly called as he stood up with wobbling knees, and body and face that is obviously exhausted from being sleep deprived.

Nico neared him and gave him a tight brotherly hug with a pat on his back, that seemed to send RJ silent messages of comfort and sympathy.

They parted and Richard immediately saw my mother and my father, wearingly staring at me (the original me) through the big and thick glass window, side by side, hand in hand as they both cried.

Watching them and being able to do nothing sent stings and pierces through me. I could hear my heart breaking to pieces and I can feel it burning with endless pain. But it seems faint, and distant. Like it is just a reverberating echo from a place elsewhere.

Coleen and Sheena were bawling their eyes out as they sat on the steel chairs. While ate Nikki, kuya John were carrying Matti as my little nephew seeks me and wonders why I am inside the room.

I stood up and looked at my family. I suddenly feel like I was being tugged away by an airplane or a speeding train. My emotions within were getting the best of me. But at the same time, the giddiness in me was fighting for control.

I walked beside Richard and stared at his face, his eyes, every curve, edge and cell, I tracked down, with a hope that he will somehow look at my direction.

But to no luck, he did not. So with a disappointed heart, I hugged him from his side, my hands snaking around his well built torso and my head was buried on his chest as I allowed tears to fall.

But I was taken aback, taking a step away, when his pendant suddenly flickered from blue-violet, to a bright white. It was just a second of flickering, but it was bright and noticeable.

Everyone of my family looked at Richard with such surprise and awe. Even RJ himself was shocked with the sudden spark of white light from his necklace.

"RJ, iho ano nangyari sa kwintas mo?" Nanay asked him worriedly.

"Jay diba delikado yan?" Ate Nikki asked too.

"Uhm... Truth is, di ko rin po sure. Parehas po kami ng ganito ni—" he was suddenly watchful and agitated, but he cleared himself up immediately. "Ni Maine po. Nagkataon po pala na parehas na kwintas yung regalo niya sakin nung Valentines. At eto na nga po yun. Pero di ko po alam kung bakit nagiiba-iba bigla ng kulay eh. Nung umpisa po yellow, tapos po red, tapos naging blue tas mejo violet po lately, tas ngayon biglang nagflash ng puti, tapos ayan po, tignan niyo mejo dark blue nanaman po ulit. Baka nga po based sa nararamdaman eh."

"Mejo malayo ata sa mood gem yan Jay. May ring ako na almost same niyan, bigay ni Mike, di naman ganyan ka-weird at nakakaalarma." Coleen butted in.

Richard hopelessly shrugged and looked back at my body inside the ICU unit. He stepped closer to the window until he was just an inch apart from the glass. He stared through it, the glass reflecting the sad scene of my family behind Richard.

I walked towards him again, and stood still, an inch apart behind him. I stared at the window, on it's reflection to be precise, and looked at Richard intricately.

"I Love You..." I whispered to him.

He suddenly jerked his head to the left side, as if looking for something that is important. Then he straightened his posture, but still looked at the glass.

He wiped his eyes of tears and sniffed air that he also exhaled immediately. Then he looked up at the window, supposing a brave output, but what he suddenly reflected on the glass, was a wide-eyed and surprised face that seems to be staring back at me.

Wait..

Is he?

Is he looking back?

Through the reflection?

Impossible.

"Maine?" He called.

I then smiled at him with tears filling my lashes once more. I waved at him, in hopes that my conclusions are correct.

I saw his eyes getting filled up with water too and it all fell at once when he chuckled as he sobbed, keeping his eyes on me, and said:

"Hi... Love."