Memories of This December-3

December 24, 2017
11:05pm
Bulacan Residence
(Richard)

Pasko... napakaganda nito, napaka saya, napaka mahekal, at napakakulay, parang ikaw, mahal. Mga regalong nagsisiliparan, at ang mga pagkain ay bumabaha sa buong kabahayan.

Ngunit bakit, bakit tuwing pasko lamang pwede maging ganito ang espirito na bumabalot sa paligid? Bakit? Bakit tuwing pasko lang? Mahal ko, sana'y maraming pasko pa, upang ika'y makasama...

Love,
Richard...

"RICARDO!!! Bakit ang cheddar mo!!! Lumabas ka sa C.R. Now na! I-explain mo kung bakit sooooooooooooooooooooobrang keso neto!" Maine literally screamed from outside the door of the bathroom.

The water from the shower head was still running, rinsing the soap bubbles off of my body.

"NICOMAINE!" I mocked her. "Okay lang ako kung pumasok ka, hehehe..."

The door was greeted with a huge bang and Maine screamed again. "HOY! Anong pinagsasasabi mo?! Ayoko sa sobrang keso! Nakakahiya kaaaaaaaa! Lumabas ka jan!"

I sighed and unlocked the door, but not opening it, while covering my you-know-what with thick layers of bubbly foam of soap.

Maine barged in without hesitation and her mouth was open, as if she was about to say something, but she stopped.

"Oh? Eh ba't di ka makapagsalita ngayon?" I teased as I continued rubbing soap on my neck and shoulders.

"Eh ano... AKALA KO BA BIHIS KA NA?! BAKLA KA BA?! DAIG MO PA SI COLEEN SA TAGAL MALIGO!" She unexpectedly backfired.

"Ba't ako nadamay jan?!" Coleen screamed as she passed outside the bathroom.

"Eh, dapat laging clean and fress diba?" I said.

"Fress talaga?"

"Oo, freth."

"Nako! Bilisan mo na! Magtaklob ka nga! Hindi kaaya aya ang aking nakikita." Maine gigglingly said.

"Sige? Tatapat na ko sa shower head ah, bahala ka kung gusto mo makita hehe."

Maine turned around and immediately shut the door. I laughed at her and rinsed all the soap from my body.

But the door suddenly opened. "Huli ka Ri—my ghaaaaad!" Maine screamed.

I immediately covered IT and suppressed my laugh as hard as I can.

"Ba't mo binuksan?!"

"Ehh... gugulatin kita eh," Maine reasoned as she hid behind the door.

"Gulat ka? Hehehe."

"Harot! Jan ka na nga."

"Weh? Hahaha! But there's more to what meets the eye miss Maine!"

"Che! Bilisan mo gutom na ko!"

Maine left immediately, and I finished my warm bubble bath. I wore a matching red shirt with Maine and matched it with a short. I left my hair un-gelled and made my way to the kitchen where everyone was gathered.

"Rj! Kala namin nilamon ka na ng CR anak." Tito Ted mentioned.

Maine laughed and stared at me teasingly. I sighed and just giggled with their antics.

"Kain na Rj, sumubo ka na ng lechon, kurutin mo nalang yan." Tita MaryAnn offered.

"Sige po tita! Maraming salamat po, pero pwede ko po ba mahiram si Meng?" I shyly asked while I saw Maine looked at me with awe.

"Sige lang! Kaladkarin mo na sa Laguna Richard kung gusto mo, mauubusan na kami ng lechon dahil kay Menggay eh." Tito Ted butted in and tita agreed with him as the whole family laughed at Maine.

"Sige po, dito lang po kami saglit sa labas." I said as I held Maine's hand.

We walked to the garden and sat by the wooden bench under the flowering tree. The scent of food and wrappers surrounded the night breeze and the stars covered the sky.

"Maine... bakit ako?"

She looked at me with surprise and sighed. She scooted closer to me and I wrapped an arm around her.

"Bakit ikaw?" She asked back.

"Opo, bakit ako?"

"Eh, di ko alam hehehe... siguro, the ice skating rink brought me to you. Ewan din kasi eh. It simply came up, you came up then, poof we matched."

I smiled and squeezed her shoulders. "Hayy. Ako rin. I don't know. Basta, I love you my Nicomaine, at sayo lang ako."

"Sige, iiwanan ko na yung cheddar sa past. I'm yours din RJ, I love you too."

I checked the clock and it was only five minutes before eve, so I decided to give my final gift to her. I stood up and without hesitation, I kneeled on one knee infront of her. She was dead surprised and she was beet as red.

"RJ ano to?!"

"Sshh ingay mo." I brought out a small yellow box and grabbed her right hand. "Maine, hindi ako magpopropose, it's too early for that. Pero with this promise ring, ngayon palan pinapangako ko na, na through ups and downs and until death do us part, wala ka nang kawala, di mo na ko mapapaalis sa buhay mo, Love."

Maine was teary eyed and so was I. She giggled and sniffed before pecking me on the lips.

"Ano ba sasabihin ko? I do or, Merry Christmas... ah... jusqu'à la mort."

I smiled and wore the ring around her middle finger and kissed her without hesitation. She hugged me and we broke the kiss.

"Merry Christmas Love." She said.

"Merry Christmas indeed."