Soon We'll Go Back To December

December 01, 2017
7:30 pm

(Richard)

We were gliding and striding around the hard large icy rink at the Central Park, on the first day of December, both wearing black leather coats with red scarfs wrapped around our necks, also black gloves, jeans and boots. We were hand in hand, contentedly skating around the rink with other people, some kids, some teens, some a bit elderly but mostly, there are adult couples like Maine and I, happily in love with each other for who knows how long. But unlike some others who will go apart from each other soon, we know that we are here together for the long and enjoyable haul.

"Bonbon?" Maine called me. As we slowed down at the middle of the rink.

"Chichi?"

Bonbon and Chichi were our chosen 'Funny' term of endearments aside from Love. Bonbon actually means Cute or Fluffy while Chichi is albeit the same but more of a beautiful or gorgeous.

"Si Sheena kasama boyfriend niya, aalis sila bukas pupunta silang UAE, sawa na raw kasi sila sa lamig hahaha!"

"Well, bakit mo naman nabanggit yan?" I worriedly asked, since there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Wala naman. Its just that, parang super mamimiss ko si Sheena na ewan. I don't know, January pa kasi sila babalik. I feel lonely." She said, lightly squeezing my hand as we slowly stride around.

"Hala... eh ano ako love? Halaman?"

"Luhluhluh, tampo na ang baby. Hindi ganern. I know you're there, pero syempre iba rin kasi ang beshy. She's like family na, I miss my family na nga tapos mamimiss ko pa siya, andami ko nang namimiss. Buti nga nanjan ka eh. If I didn't met you, probably nakakulong ako sa unit ko paulit ulit nanonood ng tragic romance movies with a super sad song and a box of tissues on my hand. Lamuyon, para mas malungkot, lalo na Christmas tapos magisa ako? Hay hahahaha!"

I laughed and pinched her quirky nose lightly. I frowned a little though, for I also missed my family and I also have to tell Maine that I have a flight on the fifth of December. She will be devastated by the time she will hear the news. But still, I needed to tell her.

We left the skating rink at 8:30 pm and we walked to the 'Eighth Ride', the Texas-y restaurant across her building, the one that served brains and broken fingers last Halloween. But now, it was more, Merrier. It has this Huge Santa Clause Mannequin that is riding the Red Nosed Bull infront of the place. Inside was all cottony, candy cane-y, Red-y, Reindeer-y everything Christmas-y. It seemed like we just entered a mini north pole, with the staffs dressed up as elves and the ceiling hanging with mini Santas and Reindeers, I'm sure they don't like Christmas. Oh, note the sarcasm.

We sat at our usual spot at the couch beside the window. Howie, our usual waiter came up to us with two menu books and a smile on his face. I looked through the menu and decided to order two large beef stews and a big bowl of mushroom soup with fried turkey leg and a side dish of hot mojos.

"Hey love, what do you want?" I asked her as she still looked through the menu.

She scratched her temple and raised one eyebrow. "I don't know yet. I'll just have what you have."

I nodded at her and told Howie what her order was. We cuddled on the couch, talking about work, some random things and funny memes.

"By the way love, ano nga pala update sa book mo? Five months ago na nung nagrequest ng sequel yung management mo diba?" I asked her as I fondled the Cartier bracelet that matched mine.

"Oh yeah. Sabi ko I don't want to release a sequel, instead bagong novel ang gusto ko irelease or if they decided to pursue an epilogue book, I can publish it by next summer or fall."

"That's awesome. Paano yung buhay ng boyfriend mo? Di mo ba gagawan ng biography?" I teasingly asked her.

"Hmm... sa Tamang Panahon, sabi nga ni Lola Nidora hahaha!"

I laughed with her but realized that our throat was dry and my insides seemed to be freezing. We actually forgot to order two hot cup of coffee. I stood up and told Maine that I'll just be ordering us a cup of coffee. I walked to the counter and saw Howie fixing our tray of food.

"Heya lad." I called to him.

"Oh anything you need sir?" Howie asked in his pubertical voice.

"Two hot cup of coffee please, oh, and a simple request please?"

"Anything sir." He said.

I took out a red and white striped envelope and handed it to him. He took it and asked what it was.
"I need to put the coffee on the dome dish cover and put this in that tray with the drinks, but be very careful not to spill the coffee okay lad?"

He nodded and shoved the envelope in his front pocket and started making our coffee. I casually walked back to our couch and saw Maine playing Sims on her phone. I sat beside her and kissed her temple.

"Love?" I called to her as she turns her phone off.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling sick? Baka sukahan mo ko ah sasapakin kita."

I frowned and leaned my head on her shoulder like a child and held her cold hand. "Love I'm leaving on December Five."

I looked at her as she tried to suppress and hide the forlorn and disappointed look on her face. I squeezed her hand and kissed her nose. "I'm sorry Love." I told her apologetically.

She nodded without saying a word and squeezed my hand back. I could see that she was really sad, but I couldn't do anything about it. We stayed silent up until Howie came with the stainless steel dish tray. He placed it slowly on the table and I forcingly hid my smile. Maine was still pale looking and was frowning.

"Our coffee's here love. Enjoy na muna natin to, ang lamig oh, we need this. Open the tray na." I told her.

She slowly reached onto the cover and removed the lid. When the two cups peeked with the envelope infront of it both, she looked at me curiously and I gave her nothing but a stupid boyish grin. She raised her eyebrow and pouted her lips as if to say 'humanda ka sakin later'.

She took the envelope and leaned her back on the cushioned backrest. She opened the cover and took out two papers. She unfolded one and read it with awe and surprise on her face. She then looked at me with such love and happiness as she gripped on the paper, trying to hold back her tears. I hugged her tightly and she did so with a bonus kiss on the bedimpled side of my cheek.

"Happy baby ko?" I asked her.

She sniffed and gave my cheek another kiss. "RJ! We're going home!" She cheered.

"Time to pack up our bags I guess?" I asked her teasingly.

She replied with nothing but a peck on my lips that sent my stomach to a 360 backflip and my heart on an endless marathon.

-/-/-/-/-:-:-/-:/://-/-/-/-/-/-//

Sorry po for the late update, I was busy sa Mobile Legends haha ang saya pala maglaro, now I understand Alden haha.

Btw, kung may nakakaalam po ng name ni Kuya Alden sa Mobile Legends paki sabi naman po sakin plith? Thalamwahch po! ❤️❤️❤️