PART 14: THE PROJECT

A/N: Hey hey hey!!! I've got this awesome part for all y'all in the audience. *Waits for applause* Oh well. So here it is!!!

Nico was eating dinner with the other Demivengers when Steve finally brought "the project" up. "Tomorrow morning Im visiting family." Bruce swallowed "Your family is dead."
And then all at once Nico knew what the project was.

"I'm going back in time." Steve responded. "The tesseract had enough energy for SHIELD to send one trip to the 40s and back. I was the prime candidate for the one trip. Although the project is still unstable they say that my super soldier serum may counter any harmful chemicals in my body."

Nico looked Steve in the eye across the table. "I'm going with you." Steve shook his head immediately and the entire team sat back to watch their argument. "My mother is dead. My father is a freak that collects souls-sorry Hades-and my only sister was killed on a quest. I can see them all again and I plan on it."

Steve looked down. "I know how you feel but the process may kill you." Nico stood up "Im willing to take that risk." And spun around to walk away. Percy sighed "It's my fault Bianca's dead. He doesn't deserve to have to do this."
Annabeth took hold of his hand. "Nico is a powerful demigod and he needs this challenge seaweed brain. We've all lost someone." Percy shut up at that and Steve called SHIELD. The two of them would officially travel back to their home time in 15 hours.

•••

SHIELD AUDIO TRANSMISSION: LAB
Coulson: You guys ready?
Nico: Yes
Steve: Yes
Coulson: Good. The trip will last for 10 hours, 10:30-8:30. You will be able to visit your family and friends. Just activate the machine again if you want to come back early otherwise you'll be automatically transported back at 8:30. Nico, if things get too extreme on your body we pull you out of the process ready?
Nico: Where's this time machine anyway?
Coulson: Right here
Steve: Is that a red solo cup with a watch duct taped to it?
Coulson: Works surprisingly well. On three. One.
Steve: You ready bro?
Coulson: Two
Nico: Of course bro lets do this.
Coulson: One
POOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
END OF AUDIO RECORDING