You didn't even look!

Nathans POV

Kyle's teeth snapped towards my neck, as I dodge out of the way. Roaring with anger at his obvious attempt at a killing blow, I lunged for his right hind leg. But Kyle was fast, jumping out of the way just in time, causing me to slide across the sharp gravel before I gained my footing. The rocks cut deep into my paws. I could feel the sting as smaller rocks and dust seeped into the open wounds, but my anger eased the pain almost completely out of existence.

What do you mean I took her! I growled as I took a sturdy stance. Dropping my head down in a warning, I glared into his rage filled eyes. Kyles brown wolf growled and copied my stance, raising its shackles while flashing his sharp teeth in the process.

I watched his every move as he crept to my left, looking for an opening. Standing 20 feet away, I mirrored his movements. Making sure to keep him to my left side, I waited for the attack that was bond to come soon.

You know bloody well what it means! He roared at me, while biting the air between us. I watched as his tail flickered with anticipation. 

Though his comment did nothing but confuse me even more; I knew bloody well that the her he was referring to was Jade, but no idea what it had to do with me. Though at that moment I didn't care, as a low growl crawled its way up my chest and into the air between us, I was more heated at the fact that this jack ass was talking about MY Jade.

Noticing my wondering mind, and moment of distraction; Kyle pounced. Jumping straight on my back and digging his claws into my sides. I yelped in pain as I tried to buck him off.

His teeth digging into my flesh was to painful for my rage to cover up. I could feel a big chunk of flesh and muscle being ripped off my back as the attacking wolf locked his jaw and shook his head from side to side. Causing twice the damage and a million times more pain. I could feel the warm blood that flowed out from the wounds as it drenched my coat.

With survival instincts taking over, my wolf dropped to the ground and rolled. The force of the purpose fall caused a loud cracking sound to fill the air. Already half way blinded by the pain of my back being ripped open, I honestly had no idea if the sound came from me. At least, not until I heard the high pitched whimper come from behind me.

Guessing that the fall caused Kyle to release me, I jumped to my feet as quickly as my injured self could. Spinning around to keep an eye on my enemy, I became very proud at the sight of my badly wounded victim.

Blood poured out from multiple unseen wounds, causing a small puddle to start forming around the whimpering wolf. Unable to get up from the obviously broken hind leg, Kyle just laid there. Panting from the effort, he never moved his gaze off me. Most likely waiting for the killing blow that was all to obvious. However, no matter how deserved that ending blow was, I wasn't going to take it. Knowing that this wolf- no matter how terrible of a thing he is- meant a great deal to my mate. And I knew that if I killed him and she ever found out. She would never forgive me for it, and I would lose her for good.

Taking a deep sigh, trying to calm my wolf down and ignore basic Alpha instinct. I stared into the broken wolfs gaze.

I have no idea what your talking about pup! I limped towards him, baring my sharp fangs at the bloody wolf, But whatever it is, you better start talking or I'll skin you alive and sell your hideous coat to the highest bidder.

I saw the rage in his eyes become covered by true fear. Which not only pleased me on my personal vendetta, but it established my wolfs dominance over his. Knowing that I could kill him at any moment and that he couldn't stop me; Kyle knew that he was now nothing more than a beta-at most- now. At least, on my territory.

Your a fucking possessive, egotistical-

WHATCH IT! I roared. Now practically standing over him. The blood puddle becoming large as the minutes ticked by.

It was obvious his healing wasn't going to be able to fix him in time, and he couldn't go to a human hospital or a vet. Shit. I glared at the dying wolf. What a fucking burden. Why does my mate have to be friends with this fuck face?

Clint. Send a medical team to Jades house ASAP. Tell them to bring the truck. Making my wolf sit down, dizziness hit me. Instantly reminding me of my torn back and amount of blood loss, I added make that two. I didn't even wait for his response before focusing- as best I could- on the bleeding wolf before me.

So you had to of taken her. He finished, his eyes starting to droop.

Wait. What? I was so focused on getting a hold of Clint, that I didn't even realize Kyle was speaking.

Letting out a weak low growl of annoyance, Kyle started over.

Jade's missing. I know you took her cause your a possessive little fuck who can't keep his paws to himself. Obviously ignoring my warning about insulting me-which was either extremely brave, or extremely stupid-I honestly didn't care. Not with those first two words ringing through out my brain.

Jade's missing.

No. She couldn't be missing. I heard her riding her four wheeler last just last night. Then it hit me.

Did Jade ever come back from her ride?

Ride? What ride? Kyle grunted.

Her RIDE I growled annoyed at his lack of intelligence. The ride she takes every night on that death trap of a four wheeler.

The confusion that never cleared Kyles gaze answered the question for me.

I didn't check if the four wheeler was gone or not.

If looks could kill Kyle would be 6 feet under right now. Of course you didn't. You were so focused on blaming me that you didn't even fucking look to see if she just went out for another ride. God I hated this guy.

I snapped my head towards the direction of her house, and then west towards the fields. I tried to focus my hearing to see if I could get even a hint of the well used four wheeler motor, but I knew I wouldn't be able to hear anything over my car engine humming. At least not right now.

What's the ETA on that medic? I mind linked Clint.

Two minutes out Alpha. So he was using titles now. Interesting.

Logan, listen outside and tell me if you hear a motor running. Specifically a TAO TAO 150CC.

I didn't even have to wait a second before he responded. And deep down, I knew what he was going to say before I even asked him.

Nothing Alpha. Everything seems normal at the moment.

Fuck!

Going to stand, I was going to head out into the field myself and search for her. She may be sitting on our rock or lying the grass. She would of turned the four-wheeler off for that. But just as I put an ounce more on my front leg, I collapsed to the ground. I was so focused on Kyle, and finding out where my mate was that I didn't stop to think about the amount of blood that was gushing out of my back.

Sh-she better be o-okay. Or else I w-wont st-stop myself from k-killing you next t-time

Kyle disappeared from in front of me. The rusty smell of blood didn't even register anymore. And I could no longer hear my car engine purring. Instead, I was surrounded by pitch black. And only one thought that somehow remained.

Where's my mate?

Sorry yall. I know It's been a while since I last posted. But guess what! School is out and I'm onto college! Having just graduated, I'm now going to be working full time. So I have no idea what that's going to do for updates. But I do swear that I will finish this book before this time next year. Then I'll go back and edit everything.

I love you all! Thank you guys for sticking with me, and letting me know how much you love this story! I can't tell you how happy it makes me when I learn that my writing had a positive affect on someone :) Yall are awesome!

Until next time!

Read on,

Juiceboxbrat159