Running Mate (edited)

Today was a Friday. After I came home. I landed on my big king size bed. I've always had a king, so that way my parents wouldn't have to buy a different size bed each time I grew. Plus I liked the space. It would be able to fit two.

I moaned as the thought of me and my mate laying in my bed turned me on.

I was just about to close my eyes-and hopefully get some sleep- when I heard the fourwheeler. Even though my house was a little more than a mile away from hers. I could still hear the sound of that dangerous thing.

Dangerous! Just like that I was out of bed, changing my clothes into just a pair of baggy shorts. I was planing on shifting, and I didn't want to carry a shirt around with me.

I then went to leave the room when I passed by my dresser mirror. My hair was insane! Mom wouldn't let me leave the house like this.

I grabbed my brush and quickly went to brush my shaggy brown hair down. Trying to tame the wild beast was hard. But taming the wild beast hair was even harder. It just wouldn't stay down!

Oh well. I looked at the me Infront of me. His brown eyes filled with excitment, shaggy hair just reaching his eyebrow. Everything seemed ok I guess. I wish I could say perfect. But nope. I'm just ok.

As I made my way down stairs I ran to my mom. "I going for a run." I said and hugged her goodbye.

"Thats fine dear just- NATHAN ETHAN WEST!" She yelled.

Poop what did I do now.

"Yes mommy?" I asked so I didn't have to get in any more trouble.

"Go up stairs and brush your hair!"

I sighed. "I already tried." I admitted. I looked up at my mom and saw her look every which way. What is she looking for? Then she bent down and whispered into my ear so softly I barely heard.

"You want to look good for your mate don't you?" She moved back and I saw a smile on her face. I knew that I had guilt written all over my face mixed with shock.

How did she find out?

"Oh come on dear. I noticed that your scent has been around that house for the past 5 years. I'm not stupid." She smiled. Then turned around to walk away. "Un like your father." I heard her mummble.

I was turning around trying head out the door, not wanting to try and fail at brushing my hair again. But just as I opened the door mom yelled again.

"Brush your hair!"

I sighed and closed the door. "Fine." I growled.
------

After brushing my hair in a hurry again. I ran out the door. I could still hear her fourwheeler. It seemed to be coming closer. She was on the back acres! Yes!

I ran as fast as my two legs would go. But that wasn't fast enough. So without even bothering to take my shorts off. I just shifted. Going ten times faster than I was, now that I have four legs instead of two.

I was now on her land. And I was determined to get to that rock. I wanted to watch her ride around, and judge the stupid ATV, that I knew wasn't as fast as me. And I really wanted to show my mate that I could run faster than that thing. But I'm not allowed to show myself to humans. I've only broken that rule once and let's say the punishment was a spanking. Not fun.

I was so lost in my thoughts and to determine to get to that rock that I didn't notice the thing that was racing next to me. I looked up ready to snap at the animal for daring to try and over power me. But when I noticed it wasn't just an animal. I wanted to snap at it for a whole different reason.

There was a red fourwheeler racing beside me with the most prettiest girl on it, that I've ever seen. I tried to study her face. But it was covered by a helmet. And I don't think she noticed me. For she kept on going. Trying to go faster.

Challenging me to speed up.

I toke that challenge.

I raced with her through out the land that her parents owned. Running right next to her and the fourwheeler and was just about to get ahead of her when all the sudden there was no more fourwheeler, and there was a scream that ripped through the air.

I stopped where I was. Not knowing how I stopped so fast based on how fast I was running. I turned to look behind me. There she was. The helmet hiding her face, which must contain shock for she just looked at me. Her eyes could barely be seen through the viser.

My could feel her gaze upon me. And for the first time I felt complete. (And secretly self conscious.) I felt true happiness. So I stuck my tongue out and gave her a wolfy grin.

It takes her a while before I see her body start to relax. Her hand moving from her chest, and racing heart. To the hand bar of the ATV.

Thinking she was going to get off the damn thing, and maybe...I don't know. Come towards me. It took me fully by surprise we she did the complete opposite.

She takes off! Just freaking goes the complete opposite direction from me.

Which i guess is a good thing. I mean I don't want her to be chasing me with a fourwheeler. That would not be a very good story to tell our kids.

"Yeah kids. Your mom tried to kill me with a fourwheeler when I accidentally showed my self to her." (I should have used a better word than "show myself to her." Oh well.)

Seeing as how my mating was racing away from me. I couldn't help myself. I was born for the chance. Plus, it's my very pretty mate. So duh! I chased after her!

And that's how it started. That's how I truly met my mate.