Anger

Nathan POV

I was pissed. No. I was livid! I was barely containing my own anger at the moment, and with my wolves anger adding to mine. I was about to explode!

I was barely able to park my car, before I was hoped out and shifted right there in my paved drive way. My pack mates, arriving right behind me in their own cars, started shouting through the mind link as they took in my raging form.

"Don't do anything stupid Nate." Clint said.

"Yeah, I don't think we could bust you out again." My gamma Ryan said.

"Just go for a run on the training grounds. That always worked." Offered Jack as she parked her car next to mine.

"GRRRR" My wolf raised its hackles and bared it's teeth at her. Taking her advice as an order.

Jack bowed her head and mumbled a sorry . Showing submission to my wolf and I.

I closes off my mind link, not wanting to hear anyone else's voice, and rushed off into the forest. Not even bothering to shut off my car. Clint or someone else would do it for me.

*

I finally found a clearing near the south boarder of my territory, and started pacing.  I wanted to go to Jade right now, I could hear her riding her four wheeler. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it, as I replayed our first ever argument over and over again. Each time stinging worse than the last.

"While everyone else is going to college and getting on with their lives, your going to be stuck here,"

I couldn't help the whimper that escaped  as I thought those words over.

While everyone else is getting on with their lives, I will be stuck here. Not because I want to, but because I have too. I have to be Alpha. I don't get to be a therapist, or an engineer. I don't get to pick a career field. Mine has already been laid out for me, and I can't say no. Same as her. She is my mate, and there for she will be Luna. Cause I will not take another.

I turned and paced the other way. What if this is her telling me that she doesn't plan on staying here? What if she doesn't want to be with me?

I turned again. Would I really take away her dreams just to have her?

I yelped at the thought of having to do that to my mate. I knew that would destroy her. I couldn't ask her to give up her dreams, and hard work for me. There was no way I would be that selfish.

Yes there is.

No there isn't.

But there is.

What is wrong with you?  How could you possibly think that it would be okay to take everything she has worked so hard for from her? Stop putting yourself first!

I'm not putting myself first.

Oh really? I paced the other way.

Really really.

How so?

I'm putting the pack first. I stopped pacing. Taken back by what my wolf was saying. That's right human. It wouldn't be us being selfish. As you already thought so yourself. There's no way we could take another, and a pack needs a Luna to survive. Without the Luna....

A pack will fall.

Very good. Though I would rather chew off my own paws then to harm our mate, emotionally, physically, or any other way. But sacrifices must be made for the good of the pack.

Yes. I know, but I don't want her to sacrifice her dream, just for me and the pack.

Do you even know what her dream is?

No! And you know that I don't.

Right. Maybe her dream is to live here and take care of her parents farm. Or maybe it's to get a teaching degree and come back here and teach. Before we go into panic mode, lets first find out if we need to panic in the first place.

You sound old.

I'm the same age as you. I just have more common sense.

I tried not to snort. Now lets go back before mom gets worried.

I looked around me. It had gotten dark, and the moon was out now. I had been pacing for hours! I turned and headed home. After deciding to worry about my mate and her dreams tomorrow.

*

Where is she? Science class had started about ten minutes ago, and my mate still wasn't here! She obviously cares about her grades so there shouldn't be a reason as to why she would be running late.

She's probably still pissed at you. Just give her space. Jack said down the link.

Exactly. And maybe it's that time of the month. You know how females get. Offered Clint.

I let loose a low growl. I didn't know how human females were on their periods. I know that female wolves get horny, and seeing how Kyle - Jades supposed friend- isn't here. I'm hoping the same doesn't go for human females.

Don't worry. If it'll make you feel better, I can go after school to check at her place. Jack said.

No. I'll go and check. You all just need to go home.

Thanks to Clint, everyone in my teen pack knows of Jade being my mate. Though they have all been ordered not to speak about it to my father or any other member in the pack, I would of liked to have been the one to tell them. And I would of liked to have waited until my mate accepted me.

She's our Luna too.

Ryan's right. We should all go over and check on her.

Fine. But only I am going to approach the house. Understand?

Yes Alpha. My pack agreed.

I closed off my pack link then. And turned to focus back on teacher talking about white blood cells. Jades words of this being the best my life would ever be, have stuck with me. She wasn't completely wrong. I needed to focus more, get my grades up. If not to improve my own knowledge, then to at least hopefully impress her.

Getting your grades up wouldn't be a bad place to start. Agreed DJ. And it would be a good excuse to go to Jades house. Bring her the homework she missed, and the notes from today.

With that thought, I wrote down every thing the teacher wrote on the board, and said. Wanting to be certain my mate would get the information she needed to improve her grade, but also for her to see I took her words to heart.