Mad for you

Neville drove Luna home. She watched his face the whole way, to see if anything about him had changed. Nothing had. Neville just stared at the road fixedly. The silence was deafening, had Luna done something to make him angry? How stupid could she be to screw things up on the first date (if this sort of thing counted)?

He pulled up in front of her house and she squeeked "Bye, Neville." He didn't look at her, just mumbled

"Good night babe." Huh, what was that? Speak up you moron! Luna unbuckled her seat belt. It happened so quickly, Neville pulled her arm towards him, tilted her chin up and he kissed her. He kissed her! It was so fast she had no time to process that it had happened

"I'll see you in school?"

"Mmm. . . huh? Oh yes, I mean yeah! Bye!" She was an idiot. It was like the tiny creatures from her dad'd stories from when she was younger were taking over her brain, making it fuzzy and useless. Luna felt like she was on Cloud 9, but. . . Why was Neville being so cold?

The next day at school Luna smiled at Neville when he came through the doors. Her smile disappeared as soon as she realized that he wasn't smiling back. She turned away and walked to class. Neville was a total jerk!

Later that day, she sat in the girls' room, thinking about her cold hearted boyfriend.Myrtle walked in then stopped when she saw Luna. "Oh dear, problems with friends?" Luna looked up from her scrunched up position an nodded. She was surprise when Myrtle sat next to her and hugged her. They stayed like that, wordlessly hugging, until Myrtle had to go. At least now Luna knew someone was on her side.

After Myrtle left, Hermione walked in. She sat next to Luna and said "I talked to Neville. He loves you so much." Suddenly, Luna was furious

"Then why is he being so cold?!" Hermione looked taken aback

"I-I don't know. But you know what I do know? Luna shook her head "You won't find another Neville Longbottom anywhere." Luna smiled

"You're a great friend, Mione" She only smiled and walked out of the restroom.

After her chemistry class Luna went searching for Neville. She found him and pulled him away from Seamus and Dean's conversation. He looked her over "Luna, what the hell?!"

"Tell me, Neville Longbottom" she fumed "Why would a guy kiss a girl then act like she's nothing?" Neville looked confused. She waited. Understanding dawned on his face and he began to stutter

"Luna, I-"

"Save it!" She began to walk away and he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. He put her hand on his chest, where Luna felt his heart beating at a hundred miles per hour.

"You feel that? I'm so nervous right now, anytime that I'm around you I could just melt." At the moment, her heart was melting "Luna. I'm mad for you."

He hugged her, they stayed wrapped around each other, despite the people milling around them and the looks they were getting. They stayed there with the knowledge that they could make it.

They could make it as long as they were together.