Chapter 26: Luna's explanation

'Luna, you KNEW this would happen! Rather, you thought it would be worse! Why bothering to tell her then?' I scream my throat hoarse at the Ravenclaw. I want to scratch those eyes out when she looks so calm and innocent!

'Yes, I knew this would happen. But Hermione, please listen to me.' 'Why? Why should I do that when you have misused my trust so much now!?' 'Because I want to explain my actions.' 'Maybe I do not want to hear it!' 'You want, believe me. Please sit down and listen.' I sigh and sit down on the chair.

'You better have really, really good reasons.' 'I have. Okay, listen closely. I knew Ginny would do this, did you expect anything better? She lost her friend after the war because she went to Australia to get her parents' memories back. After that, she never heard from her anymore. You haven't seen it, but she was heartbroken. She thought something bad happened to you because you didn't return their owls.'

I didn't return their owls, yes. Mostly because their owls came when I was depressed. I simply didn't find the energy to write something back. Of course it worried them. 'Are you back to reality Hermione? Yes, okay, great. Ginny really missed you. And now? After months a new girl comes to Hogwarts, who calls her the same nickname as "Hermione" did, and takes the place in Gryffindor House Hermione Granger left. Now.. now she finds out that her new friend was secretly her old friend without telling anyone. Don't you understand how she feels?'

'I.. understand. But still.. can't she.. forgive me?' 'She will, Hermione. But not now. It is too much to handle. Well, class is going to start soon. See you,' she kisses me goodbye and leaves. She leaves me alone in the cupboard, dumbfounded. Well, some moment I stand up, wipe my tears away and walk to my class: Charms.

When I walk in, I'm confronted with something unusual. On the left are all Slytherin's in one, big group. Opposite them stand the Gryffindors in the same formation. You can see it in their eyes: distrust, anger, hate and the eager to fight against each other. Professor Flitwick shrieks at them to stop, but they don't. No, when I enter, all their heads turn my way.

'Look who we have here: Hermione Granger-Malfoy,' snaps Ron. His eyes.. they were so angry. I never saw him looking at me like that. 'Ho-how do you know,' I ask him. Some Gryffindor's gasp. 'So it's true, you are Hermione Granger,' whispers Seamus Finnegan. I look at my feet, which only made them more sure. 'You have to choose Hermione. Gryffindor or Slytherin,' says Harry, looking sad at me.

Maybe I knew this would come: choosing to who I really belong.

I secretly knew the answer all along...