Chapter 8: Diagon Alley-1

Draco told me we would be shopping today. 'Haven't you heard about it,' he asks quite shocked when I ask him why. 'Professor McGonagall and the Ministry of Magic has been rebuilding Hogwarts the last year. It is ready now and we can go for our 7th year!' 'Really.. I guess I have missed quite a lot that year.' 'Believe me, you did. Potter and Weasel are famous now and Weasel really takes that in. By the way, Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood got together.' 'Really? I always shipped them but I never thought they would get together.' 'I didn't either. But hey, we should really go now.'

I put the sunglasses on and take his arm. We both Apparate into Knockturn Alley. Many shops were closed. 'Ministry invadings. Many shops had to close,' says Draco. With our arms entangled we walk into Diagon Alley.

'I have the feeling we are being watched,' I whisper into his ear. 'Because we are. Malfoy's are quite popular lately. Many people want to know everything about us.' He holds me quite close and we walk into Madam Malkin's.

'Hello Mr Malfoy, who is this lovely lady?' 'Someone I know. Can you fix a Hogwarts uniform for her?' 'Sure, what is your house darling?' 'Gryffindor,' I say proudly. Madam Malkin pushes me to a stool and begins to magically measure me. 'Hmm, quite slim, aren't you? You should eat some more. Shall I make the uniform a bit wider so you can grow into it when you fatten up a bit more?' 'Uhmm.. Draco?' 'Do that. You should really eat more, to be honest.' I want to say something back but Madam Malkin shushes me.

After we make a appointment to pick our robes up tomorrow, we go to Flourish&Blotts. 'What for books do we need,' I ask him. 'First one is "Transfiguration for Professionals", written by Laura Kipkin.' I grab two of those books from the shelves. 'Anything else?' 'Yes, the second on the list is "Potions, a Manual", bound by Arnold Gryffin.' I walk to the stairs and go upstairs. On a shelf there there were still 2 books of those. 'Got it. Further?' 'Thirth book: "What you need to know about Charms", by Rosalind Tripple.' I search for them, but can't find it. 'Draco, I think those aren't here anymore. Further?' 'Well, for History of Magic we need "Historical Facts of the Wizarding World".'

After some minutes of searching we found every book on the list, except the Charms book. Draco talks with the woman behind the cash desk about ordering them while I hug myself, looking around in the shop. The door opens and a lot of people enter. Uh-oh.