Chapter 13: Ron

I drag myself to bed. This day was exhausting and everyone kept looking at me. I understand that a Malfoy out of nowhere is interesting, but is this really needed? I jump into my bed and hug the cushion, slowly drifting off to sleep.

-

Next morning I put my new Gryffindor uniform on. I felt like Gryffindor.. but the people inside didn't feel like it. It was so different in my house now I am a Malfoy. People hate me, disgust me. If they only knew that I was really Hermione Granger..

When I come down the stairs, I see Ginny conversating with a 6th year. The 6th year leaves with narrowed eyes when she catches me. Everyone leaves. Everyone.. except Ginny. 'Hello Narcissa. How did you sleep?' 'Bad..' 'Really, why?' 'Don't act like it isn't happening Ginny. Everyone hates me. Everyone in Gryffindor disgusts me.'

'I can't deny it, but.. you have me if you want.' 'Really? You would go against your friends and family for a stranger?' 'You know, this sounds really strange but.. I have a feeling like I know you for so long. Like you're a old friend, you know?'

My heart hurts. Why couldn't I tell Ginny the truth? Why is this so difficult? 'Tha-thank you Ginny.' 'No problem Narcissa. Hey, you should really eat something. You are so thin, is something wrong?' 'I kinda starved myself to death,' I mumble.

'WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?' 'I was unhappy.. depressed. Draco, Lucius and Narcissa found me just on time to save me. The Healer said it was close..' 'That is so bad.. can I help you with anything?' 'No, I'm fine. Draco watches out for me as well.' 'It is maybe rude to ask, but is he a good brother for you?'

'Draco is amazing. I never thought of him that way. You know, with being Death Eater and everything..' 'I would gladly believe that. Come on, you need to eat something really quick.' She grabs my slender, pale wrist and takes me with her.

Many people look at us when we enter the Great Hall. Ginny simply ignores it, as always, and pushes me down at the Gryffindor Table. 'And now you're eating! I will go to McGonagall to fix you your schedule.' With that Ginny leaves again.

'What have you done that my sister suddenly likes you,' snaps someone. It was Ron, of course. 'I have done nothing. Your sister is kind, maybe you should be the same.' 'You shouldn't play games with me Malfoy..' 'OH, OH! IT IS MALFOY NOW? WHAT A PRICK ARE YOU! NO WONDER YOU GOT WITH LAVENDER!'

I look with my steel eyes at Ron's blue ones. Someone grabs both of my shoulders. 'Let it rest, he is not worth your anger,' whispers Draco into my ear. 'I don't know if you know it, but I am called Narcissa in this school,' I whisper to warn him. 'Narcissa, you shouldn't pay attention to Weasel here.' Ron stutters, trying to find a insult back.

Ginny walks back. 'I am sorry to say brother, but YOU were really a prick here. Narcissa did nothing wrong.' 'OH, ARE WE NOW DEFENDING A MALFOY? ON WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU,' snaps Ron at his sister. I put a hand on Ginny's shoulder. 'You don't have to do this,' I whisper to her. She slaps my slim hand away... and blows up.

'YOU, RONALD WEASLEY, YOU ARE REALLY A DICK! NO WONDER HERMIONE LEFT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING TO YOU, YOU ARE HORRIBLE! OF COURSE, SHE IS A MALFOY, BUT SHE IS AMAZING! SHE IS SO KIND BUT YOU DON'T SEE THAT! AND WHY EXACTLY? OH YEAH, I KNOW THE ANSWER. YOU. ARE. BLIND. BLIND FOR PEOPLE THEIR CHARACTER. ONLY IF THEY ARE GRYFFINDOR AND POPULAR THEY ARE GOOD FOR YOU! WELL, I AM DONE!'

Ginny grabs my arm, a plate of food for both of us and leaves with me.