Chapter 25: Truth comes out for Ginny

(Title: Zing, Vecht, Huil, Bid, Lach, Werk en Bewonder. Literally meaning: Sing, Fight, Cry, Pray, Laugh, Work and Admire)

Luna unfreezes me, but grabs my arm tight so I can't walk away. Ginny just stands there, looking broken and flabbergasted. 'What does she need to tell me?' 'You will see, Ginny. Cis, you are coming with us.' As I had no choice, I let myself drag over to a cupboard.

The blonde girls throws me, a bit roughly, on a chair. With her wand she lights the oil lamp that hangs on the roof. Ginny sits on a dusty cushion before me and Luna joins her. 'Narcissa, she is your best friend. You love her, she loves you. She deserves the truth, don't you think?'

I break into tears. 'I-I can't tell Luna, I-I simply can't,' I stutter through sobs. 'You can Narcissa, you simply don't want to because it will mess up a lot. But.. you can't go on like this. People around you, they deserve to know the truth.' 'NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND LUNA! IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING I BUILD UP THESE MONTHS! EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEIR OPINION ABOUT IT, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HORRIBLE THAT IS!'

'I know how horrible it is Narcissa,' says Luna calmly. 'What do you mean,' I ask her. 'Everyone has a different opinion about me, but it all comes down to the fact I'm weird. I don't mind, I like being myself. Even if people think I'm weird.... Don't let people get to you. Ginny will listen, I will listen.'

I sigh deeply. Can I really tell? Ginny seems to be up for everything. But even this? 'Okay then. Ginny?' 'Yes Cissy?' 'I am.. not who you think I am. I am different.' 'I was already that far.' 'The point is, Ginny... I am someone you.. you already know.' Ginny frowns her eyebrows confused, looking in a experimenting way at me.

'No, I didn't know you until you came in begin this year.' 'Ginny, why do you think I could enter Gryffindor so easily?' 'Well, there was one place left after Herm-Hermione left and you were sorted into Gryffindor?' 'Well... why do you think that Hermione never came back then?' 'She is still grieving over her parents and their memory loss.'

Damn, it is harder to bring this girl to what I mean then I thought. 'Okay Ginny, I know you won't like this but... Hermione.. didn't really stay there.' 'What do you mean, you're doing weird?' Is she really so thick!? 'GINNY, I AM HERMIONE! HERMIONE NARCISSA MALFOY! I TOOK NARCISSA AS FIRST NAME TO HIDE MYSELF FROM EVERYONE, BECAUSE I DISCOVERED LUCIUS AND NARCISSA ARE MY PARENTS AND I KNEW NOBODY WOULD ACCEPT IT!'

Ginny gasps. Luna also, but that is probably because of my screaming and outburst of words. 'You-you... you. YOU! You are Hermione! No, I do not believe this! NO, YOU ARE NOT HERMIONE!' Ginny stands up and slaps me right across the face, hard. A stinging pain on my cheek in the shape of a hand is everything that reminded me of Ginny's presence, who immediately left after hitting me. Luna sits there, calmly.

'Well, that went better then I expected.'