Chapter 31: Forgiveness

Ginny looks on the point of crying and grabs my hand, which rested on the table. 'Oh Hermione, I'm so sorry for telling everyone. I was just.. just so shocked! Please, please forgive me. I hate being in this state with you. Sorry for that smack I gave you and sorry for sending all the Gryffindors with their hate towards you. You don't know how sorry I am for everything I did to you these last weeks. I should be your friend, but instead I behaved like an enemy.'

'Shh, silence Ginny. You don't even leave me the time to say something,' I say, smiling through my tears. Tears leak freely out of our eyes and we sob together, laughing. 'I missed you so much Ginny.' 'I missed you so much too, Hermione. I am so sorry..' 'I heard that too much right now. I forgive you Ginny, if you forgive me for keeping it a secret.' 'I forgive you,' she says. We both stand up and hug each other tight over the table. 

'Make it up with Harry please, he has done nothing wrong. He tries it, really,' I say to her. 'I.. I can try. If he still wants me of course.' 'He wants you, believe me.' 'But.. but I acted so bad. Not only against you, but also against people I care for!' 'I have forgiven you and I believe with all my heart that Harry will do the same.'

We hug again and it feels so good. No wonder that Draco came in. 'Hermione, why are you inmensely happ-oh..' He sees Ginny and his face hardened. 'What is this traitor doing here, sis,' he asks, looking angrily at Ginny. 'We made it up. We have forgiven each other and we are friends again.' 'Why "forgiven each other"? You have done nothing she needs to forgive,' he spits.

'I lied Draco.' 'For damn good reasons! You saw what she did when you said the truth. She needs to sit on her knees and beg for your forgiveness!' 'DRACO, YOU'RE OVERDOING,' I snap loudly. Draco leaves with anger, I feel the faint feeling in my body. Ginny cries again. 

'Don't take my brother serious, Ginny, there is literally nothing to forgive.' 'But.. but he's right. You shouldn't ask me for forgiveness. I am in the wrong here..' 'JUST SHUT UP GINNY,' I yell at her with a smile. We stand up from our seats again and hug.

Can this be the best day of this schoolyear maybe? Getting sorted into the House I really belong and reuniting with my friend again? 

I guess it is.