Chapter 1: The Pub

Her search led to nothing. Her parents were found, that's for sure, but they could not remember her. She tried everything, getting more hopeless over the days.. weeks.. months.. 

Everything she did ended bad. This made her feel bad. Nothing would work. Her parents would in no way remember her.

Why did this happen? After the war the thing she most craved for was reuning with her family again. She wanted to hug her mother, telling her father about her Hogwarts times he was so interested in while drinking the delicious tea her mother would make. But those times were gone.

Hermione wears a grey beanie, loose grey sweater, tight black jeans and black sneakers. She looks quite shabby. Not that she cared anymore, she cared for nothing. She hadn't brushes her hair in days, didn't eat or sleep and got herself through the days with staring in a corner to another. 

She steps into a pub. She came here for a couple of days already. To drink her sadness away. To keep herself from sleeping, because her nightmares would haunt her as soon as she closed her eyes.

'Hello girl, welcome back,' says the man behind the bar. He recognised me, of course. He hands me what I always buy: whiskey. It is strong and makes me forget all the problems.

It is busy today. All tables are occupied and a group of drunk teenagers stand by the dartboards. 'Are you okay girl? You look so bad since you first stepped into this pub and it only got worse,' asks the man, called Drake. 'I am fine Drake.' 'Really? Don't think I am daft.' 'It is none of your business,' I reply chilly. I take my glass and walk to a small table in a dark corner.

From that corner I see many people enter and leave. Until 3 persons enter: one older man with a woman from around his age and a man from my age. I recognise those 3. 'Where can she be,' asks the woman, looking around. Then they look around.. and see me.