Chapter 16: Brotherly love

The following days I was quite depressed. They asked me what was wrong, but I couldn't tell them. Ginny kept sending me owls, but I ignored those.

Someone knocks on my door. I step out of my bed and walk lazily towards the door, opening it. Draco stands there. 

'Hey Hermione, how are you?' 'Bad. How are you?' 'Bad.'

That surprises me. 'Why do you feel bad?' 'Because you do.' 'Wh-How? Do you mean this?' 'I do mean this. It is a sort of twin-communication between us. I feel that you're depressed... and I feel you're hurt.' 

'Wait, so if one of us gets hurt, maybe you while Quidditch, we would feel it of each other?' 'Probably. Every twin-bond is different. Some are really strong, take the Weasley twins for example, and some are less.' 'I don't know if that's cool or terrible.'

'I find it cool. But still, what is wrong? You were like this since you came back from the Weasley's, in tears. We worry about you.'

'Sorry Draco, but that is private.' 'Nothing is private between you and me, that's the thing. Did Weasel hurt you?' 'No... not intentionally... I guess.' 

Draco's jaw clinches, his steel eyes get a angry glance. 'What. Did. He. Do,' he asks, too angry to form one sentence of that. 'No-' 'Don't give me that crap. What. Did. He. Do?' 'He.. said that I was a monster, a slag. He said that you would know "something to do" with Ginny, if she get's too close to me, to us.'

Tears come up in my red eyes. I didn't know there were still some left. They burn in my steel eyes. 'He didn't,' growls Draco. I nod, leaning my chin on just below my knees. My lips touch my knees and my arms hug my slender, pale legs. 

'I will kill him. I swear, he will never do anything like this again when I'm done with him.' 'Don't Draco, that will only make him think worse of our family. Everyone will think worse. Let him be stupid, don't be stupid yourself.'

I wipe my tears away. He looks in a weird way at me. He opens his arms a bit. I frown my eyebrows confused. 'If.. If you want a brother hug, you ca-' He couldn't finish his sentence. I throw my arms around his waist and press my face onto his shoulder.

It was a fine feeling, that I could cry my heart out by my twin brother. A nice feeling to feel protected. To feel safe in the arms of your big brother. To feel loved.