Chapter 24: Slimy revenge

The next day we first had Potions. I tried not to look at Harry, who is quite depressed sitting behind his desk. What have I done.. Merlin, help me fix this. I was so distracted that Draco had to tell me my cauldron was spilling. I could fix this with a spell, but not everything I could fix with magic. Not Harry and Ginny's relationship, for example..

I leave as last the classroom. I open the door and SPLASH. A bucket with green slime drops on my head. I look at my uniform, my body and everything is soaked in the green slime. I hear some laughing and snap my head up. Ron, Dean, Seamus and some more Gryffindor students laugh. They did this, I'm sure of it.

Someone taps me on my shoulder. I look over it and face a angry Snape. 'Did they do this Hermione?' 'I think so, but I have no proof..' '50 POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR, EACH! WHAT IS THIS, ATTACKING A MEMBER OF YOUR OWN HOUSE? HEADMISTRESS MCGONAGALL WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS,' snaps Snape towards the group.

Their smiles fade and their angry eyes turn to me. Merlin, give me power, I think with a sigh. Snape leads me back into the classroom of Potions again. Inside he mumbles some swearwords and cleans me with magic. I didn't even smell anymore, luckily!

I throw my bag over my shoulder and I walk out of the dungeons, towards Transfiguration. But I got interrupted by someone grabbing my shoulders tight. It was Draco. 'Hermione, what happened?' 'Wha-wh-nothing. Nothing happened, what do you mean?' 'I heard from some Slytherins that Ron and his friends dumped slime on you.'

I blush. 'I-it was nothing. Severus fixed it.' 'Hermione, this is not nothing! What if Severus wasn't around, then they could get away with it!' 'That didn't happen so everything is fine,' I snap at him. He sighs and rubs a hand through his hair. 'Please Hermione, watch out. I don't want you hurt.' 'I don't want you hurt either, especially because then I will feel it and that is really irritating!'

Draco laughs, hugs me one time tight and leaves me. I go to Transfiguration and everyone ignores me, as normal. After class, I am alone. Well, I guess I was. 'Nar-Narcissa,' stutters someone. I look up and see her standing there. Ginny.. with Luna. Oh Merlin, did she tell her? 'Ginny? Luna..?' 'Hi Narcissa. Ginny wanted to talk with you.. so I thought of bringing her towards you.' 'W-why? I do-don't.. don't want anyone. Just.. leave me alone!'

I try to run from them, but Luna casts a spell. I couldn't move, stopping halfway my run. 'You, Narcissa Malfoy, are not going anywhere. First, you need to speak with Ginny.. and tell the truth. All of it.'