thirty eight

Rose.

When i had opened my eyes everything was blurry, but they soon adjusted.
Standing above me was a figure, a familiar one that is.
"Harry?" His chest was heaving up and down with his mouth agape. His eyes were full of confusion and sadness.
He wore a long coat with jeans that felt drenched. "You're-You're gonna hate me after tonight." The words came out warily.

"Why is that?"

"Because i have done a heinous crime. I just want you to know that I love you and i was protecting you. He was watching us."
I sat on the couch with my knees to reach his standing level. I grabbed on to his collar and stared into his eyes.
"Who was?" His eyes were blank, it looked like something came over him. "Just go back to sleep my love." A side smile formed on his wet face. He carefully pushed me back down. "No. Tell me what's going on?" I pushed his hands away from me.

"Go. To. Sleep." His grip got tighter on my wrists. "No."

"Go to sleep!" He pushed me over and fell back. I glanced back at him and his emotionless face was replaced eith anger. "I don't like when people test me and think I won't do anything about it." He tone of voice was stern.

"Well usually I'm an exception to that." I stood on my feet and raised my chin.
"Not tonight princess." I was picked up off of my own two feet and was being transferred somewhere.

"Put me down!" I wiggled around in hus arms but he did nothing. I noticed we were walking outside where the sun was no longer shining. I heard the unlocking of a car then the opening if a door. He set me donw in the passengers seat and shut the door before going around to his seat.

The car smelt like garbage. "Why does the car smell like death?" I covered my nose as he started the car. "Yeah, I know." I watched as his jaw clenched and the grip on the wheel become tighter. We rode out of his driveway and on to the silent street.

We eventually reached a stop sign and stopped which gave him time to something around my wrists. "So you can't easily get away." He pressed on the gas and we went forward. "Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere." 

-

We parked in front of a cemetery, so I asked him why. "To see a friend." He had his hand around my arm as we walked to the open gate. I saw a silhouette of hanging body, front and center of the graveyard.

"Did-did you do that?"

"I did." He breathed out. "I had to, he was one of the last people to terrorize me and my loved ones."

"Was he the man you were talking about that one day?" He turns his head to the side the look back at me and nods.
"I never wanted you to find out what I do. I knew you, I acted like I didn't when we first met." He paused and turned around to face me. "I already knew how sensitive and innocent you were, somehow I wanted to destroy that but deep down inside I couldn't."

"You have killed a piece of me that's for sure." He looked at the ground, away from my eyes, he was guilty. "I know, but now you know everything. I kill those who do wrong." I blinked uncontrollably. "Why?"

"It makes me sick to my stomach to know there are people out there who get away with the worst, it's not right."

"Well neither is killing them." I sniped back. "I know." The stern words fell through his teeth. "I don't always like doing it, but I have to."

"I know, but you can't go on with this."

"I had a feeling you would say that." He cracked a smile and grabbed me by my waist to pull me in. Our foreheads rested in each other. "I want you to promise me you won't continue this." His breathing stopped then continued.
"I dont know, if I can."

"Yes you can." He pushed me away a bit and turned back around to looked at the body. "Okay, I'll stop." He whipped around to meet my lips firmly.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

-

We laid together in complete silence. The sun was rising and shining from under the curtains. We both did not get much sleep after what happened.

"So you promise not to kill again?" I finally saw movement of his hand, indicating he was probably asleep, but I had woke him up.

"Yes." It was a simple answer followed by silence once again. I slipped away from his arms and out the bed. I covered my body with a robe and made my way out the bedroom door. I walked downstairs aware of the buzzing and brightness from the television screen. "Isabella?" I walked in and noticed the outline of a female. "Isabella?" The person looked awake so I was confused on why they did not answer.

"Who is Isabella?" My droopy eyes opened wide with fright. I stopped myself from walking any closer to the person, instead I ran back up the steps and barged through the bedroom door. Harry shot up in his spot, now alert. "What the hell?!" He spat and I rushed myself over to him.

"Go downstairs." I leaned in to him, catching my breath. "Why?" He wrapped his arms around me and asked. "Just go, there's someone down there." He let go of me and pulled out the drawer from the bedside table, holding something. I grabbed on to his arm as I followed right behind.

The television sound was no longer on, it had been put on mute. We both looked in the living room but saw no one.

"What are we looking at?"
We froze in our spots.

"Rose, leave."

"But-"

"Leave!"

-

Harry.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I asked her before turning around. I put the gun in the waistband of my pants.
"You should probably not be so naïve and leave a key under a plant, you never know who is trying to kill you these days."

"Why are you here then?"

"Well honestly I came to kill you and your doll." She sat down and I followed her actions. "Why?"

"You think you deserve to live?"
I stayed silent.

"I suggest you leave before you end up dead from an unknown cause." I told her as I continued to stare at her. "It's all over now, I've stopped."

"How come?"

"Because of her."
She looked away for a moment then looked at me again. "That's what you said when you were with Lisa, then with me and now you're doing the same thing with Rose."

"I hope you know you and I were never a serious thing, you were a fling when Lisa died. I probably promised that when I was exhausted from our certain activities."
Her expression changed and she now appeared upset from my words.
"I'm not leaving."

"Yes you are. I'm not in the mood to deal with your pathetic shit. Now just go." I stood, standing my ground.

"No."

"Eliana." I said with emphasis on her name. "Go. Now. If I have to threaten you I will." My hand goes to the weapon that was concealed and her eyes followed.

"Fine." She stood up, deafeated. She bumped her shoulder in to mine as she passed by.

"Just so you know, if you don't stop, your little girl will end up in same position as the one before her. I would be careful if I were you." I heard the slamming of a door when she finished and I dropped back down in my seat with a bit of relief.