thirty

Harry.

I opened my front door after a long, exhausting day at work. I was overwhelmed by the papers I endured and the rather annoying employees of mine.

"Rose!" I shouted her name, then silently waited for a response as I slipped off my dress shoes and loosened my tie.

"Rose!"
I called for her once again and still received no response. I was unhappy about not seeing her running down the steps with a sparkling smile across her face ready to greet me and embrace me. My head snapped in the direction of a door opening then slamming. I shuffled to the living room where the booming sound came from and I come across an Isabella who was dusting around the television.

"Oh hello Mr. Styles." She jumped back a bit when she turned around and finally noticed my presence.

"Hello Isabella, um where's Rose?"

"She should be upstairs in the room. She has actually been up there all day, not coming out for anything."

"Oh okay, thank you Isabella." I turned on my heels with the expression of confusion on my face. I make my way up the stairs with fear now, afraid of what could happen next.
My hand touches the cold silver knob, then my eyes land on a platter that was laid on the floor. It had a plate full of food and I assumed it was meant for Rose. I shook my head slightly before finally turning the knob gently and with ease.

"Princess?" I said softly into the dark and vacant room. I step in then turn to my right to flick on the lights. I take in my surroundings and I lay my eyes on the cleaned up room but the bed was a mess, sheets were ruffled up and put on the ground along with a few of the pillows.

I soon heard small cries coming from within the bathroom, so I walked up to it and knocked with concern that something happened to her.

"Rose, baby can you please unlock the door?" I wiggle the knob some more hoping she would open. I puff with frustration and let go, rolling my eyes at her. Reaching above the door frame, I slid my fingers up and down until I felt a piece of metal touch them. I took it down and inserted it into the key hole.

"Rose!-" I cut myself short when I saw Rose balled up beside the toilet bowl, shaking and sniffling back tears.
"Baby what's wrong?" I quickly get on the floor in front of her so she could lend me her attention.

"I...I don't..." She finally raised her head and she looked disheveled.

"You don't want what?" I wrap my arms around her and she unlatched herself so she could sit on my lap. She laid her head on my shoulder and I was able to feel her heavy breathing on my ear, telling my she had been crying for awhile.

"Tell me, what do you not want?"

"I don't want this relationship...anymore."