thirty three

Harry.

I could no longer breath nor could I feel. Everything was numb and my vision was completely blurry.
There was a pounding in my head and it would not stop.

"Harry.." A slurred voice rang in my right ear. I turned my head slowly and noticed a body. The person was dragging themselves closer and closer to me. "Harry.."

My body was heavy and I did not know what to do.
I felt something acidic in my mouth and it was trying to come up.

I was able to feel an arm wrap around my waist along with a small whimper. I flipped myself over to face the person. I knew who it was and I gave the person a kiss on their lips.
My senses were coming back to me and I was relieved.

"Where are we?" She asked in a terrified tone. "I don't know." I was breathing heavily, feeling like I was constantly out of breath.
I looked around me and it was dark.
I smelled the area and it smelt like sewage.
I touch the ground we laid on and it was wet.
I sat to hear anything but there was nothing.

"He kidnapped us." I told her frantically. "Don't worry I'll get us out of here." I heard crying arise in her voice.
"Don't cry, don't cry..shh we'll be alright." I held her close to me not wanting to let go.

We pulled away so I could stand. I took her hand in mine and helped her up.

"Good morning." A sinister voice was around us.
"Where are you?" I almost growled knowing he was somewhere in this room.

"Turn around." I slowly turned around to meet a black figure.

"What do you want from us?" She asked him before I could.
"Oh babydoll I don't want anything from you, I want something from him."

"What is that?" She was shivering in my hold.

"His life."

"Well tough luck because you're not getting it."

"Oh really?" He was no longer a black figure, I was now able to see his face. "When I want something, I get it."

"Just let us go please." She stood between him and I. His glaring eyes switched to her. He stepped back and grabbed a flip phone out of his pocket. He's a criminal, of course he would have an outdated phone.

He mumbled some words and a door opened behind us. Two large men stomped in with a gaze directly at Rose. They reached out for her and I yanked her away.

"What are you going to do to her?" My voice was wobbly from fear.

"She must go." His voice had no emotion, he was not sympathetic.
"Take her fellas."

I pulled her away once again, but they grabbed her just in time. I watched as she thrashed viciously in their arms. Her shrieks filled the vacant space around us and I felt my spirit shrink from it. How could this be happening?

Then the door shut and it was just him and I. "Now that's out of the way."

"I'm going to fucking kill you." I stamped up the him but before I could lay a finger on him, he pulled out a gun.

"I can take it right now if you want me to, I don't mind."

"You won't get away with this."
His laughs made me jump, it gave me an eerie feeling.
"I get away with everything Harry and I learned it from the best." He pointed the gun at my torso, referring to me. "I learned that if you have charisma and money, you can get away with anything you please."

"Why can't you give what happened between us a rest?! You've already taken everything away from me!"
His eyes wander and he shrugs.

"Well not everything. Your little Rose is still alive but that won't be for long." I shut my eyes and clenched my fists. "Kill me and set her free."

"What was that?"

"Kill me and set her free." He stayed quiet and paced back and forth contemplating something.

"Can I be honest with you?"
I was taken a back by his words.

"S...sure."
He stood and looked directly in my eyes. "I've always wondered what would happen if I didn't share my crayons with you back in grade school. I would probably have a successful career with a lovely wife by my side and two children running around us playfully. My life would be great." He took a step foward. "I wish I never met you." I felt a pang in my chest and my eyes were burning.

"Now..." I laughed a bit with sarcasm. "You're holding me captive, threatening my life." I shook my head and looked at me feet.

"Even thought you're my sworn enemy I could never forget what we were. We were best buds."

"I miss it." I said.

"I miss it too." He replied.

Screams came from the other side of the door. Our eyes met and a smirk was plastered on his face.

"You fucker."