one

Rose.

"You really didn't have to take me out." I tell my friend as we get out of the car and breath in the warm summer air. She stood along the sidewalk as she straightens out her navy blue cocktail dress.

"Well I wanted to treat you, it is your birthday after all." She finally looks up to me and flashes a gleaming smile.

"Now let's go." She links our arms together as we walk up to the valet. She throws the keys to the man and blows him a kiss with her lips that were painted red, making him blush.

"Why do you have to toy with everyone?" I roll my eyes at her flirtatious actions.

"I like to get on people's good sides."
She says and a gentleman in a suit and tie, opens the door to the insanely expensive restaurant. We walk in and my ears are filled with some soft jazz music and people muttering to each other.

"Ah Miss. Durand so nice to see you again." A middle aged man with an almost gray beard smiled as we approached him. The man's light blue eyes flickered at both of us, but winked at me.

"It's nice to see you too Mr. Monroe." They greet each other and the man looks over to me.

"And who might this lovely lady be?" He says with his hands behind his back and a playful smirk on his face.

"This is my friend Rose."
He gasped once he heard my name slip out of her mouth.

"So you're the famous Rosalina Montgomery that I've been hearing about."

"Yeah that's me." I say a little flustered as my cheeks grew warm.

"Your mom and dad are quite the business couple, aren't they?" He says winking at me again which makes me shutter a bit.

"Yea." I mutter and he licks his lips while looking me up and down.

"Well may I get you two a table?" He says putting his eyes back on my friend.

"Yes please." She said with glee.
The man led us to a part of his restaurant that was very exclusive and only certain people got in.

"A waiter will be right with you." Mr. Monroe says and walks out the doors we came in through.

My friend sighs and opens the menu before her.
"Do you see anything you like?" She asked, her eyes still reading.

"No, not yet." A waiter comes our way and he was beautiful. His eyes met mine and I was able to see his face even under the dim lighting.

"May I get you two lovely ladies something to drink?" His cheeks were tainted pink and his teeth were pearly white.

"I would love some red wine." Scarlet, my friend, orders.

"Scar you can't drink yet." I whisper hoping the waiter didn't hear.

"Don't worry it'll be our little secret." The waiter smirked and turned to me.
"And what shall I get you?"

"Just some water would be nice, thanks." He nods and writes our drink orders down, then leaves us.

"How are you going to get away with drinking wine?" I raise a brow at her as my eyes still scan the menu.

"It's easy, I've gotten away with drinking tons of things. That's the benefit of having two hard working parents who are out most of the time." She says looking around at the other tables around us as she plays with her diamond earring.

"Then why are you looking around?" I place the menu down as she looked at me with paranoid eyes.
"Your parents might be out a lot but they still have their spies to watch you." I smile and she gives me a very awkward one back.