twenty eight

Rose.

Everything seemed back to normal.
No more enemy
No more violence
No more anything

Or so I thought.

-

"Where is he?" An upset girl growled on the other end of the call.

"He's sleeping, now why are you calling me in the middle of the night?" I pace back and forth, feeling my eye lids fall down but then lift right back up.

"Get out Rose. Get out and run."

"And why should I?"

"Because the police found body remains on the trail near our old school and it was Nathan."
My eyes widen out of shock. I couldn't speak, blink, or breath.
"Rose just run, I'll pick you up."
I gulped and breathed in then out.

"How do you even know it's Harry?"

"Remember when we were sitting on my bed and you answered your phone and it was of Harry talking about losing a dead body?"
My eyes turn and land on a peaceful Harry. He looked vulnerable, how could he possibly do such a thing?

"Um yeah I remember."

"He was talking about Nathan, he killed Nathan. Now that you know the truth, I want you out of his house now."

"Okay, okay, but can you get me?"

"Sure. Just text me when you're outside." We both hang up and I quickly gather my things, praying he wouldn't wake up.
Once I had everything in hand, ready to go I stopped at the door before leaving.

"Why Harry? Why?" I whispered and fled. I successfully got outside allowing the cool summer air to hit my face. I dug in my purse, looking for my phone again. I pulled it out and dialed Scarlet's number with shaky hands.
I end the call and in a few minutes a black car, that blended with the night, turned the corner and flashed its lights, then I ran to it.
"Are you okay?" She asked me once I sat down in the seat.

"Yeah I'm fine just drive please." She nods and turns on the lights before driving off.

-

I was now asleep, laying next to a knocked out Scarlet.
But something woke me up out of my slumber, it was the sound of tapping on a window.
There was a tree with long branches next to the window so I thought it was just that and I went back to sleep. Then I heard them coming from somewhere down the hall, it was much louder.

I get up and tip toe out of the room. I walk down the hall passing some rooms, all of them had their doors shut except for one. I stopped in front of it and turned, that's when I noticed an opened window letting the wind come in and make the curtains flow in the air.

I tilt my head questioning if what I was seeing was real, it was a black figure.
I turn back to walk to Scarlet's room, but the voice stops me.

"Princess..." It sounded like a hiss from a snake, it was chilling. I knew it wasn't Harry, that wasn't him, this voice was deeper and raspier.
"Come. Back." He instructed and I stop in my tracks taking a few steps back to turn my head and look back at the figure who was now closer to the door than before.
"Come in." I do so but I kept my eyes down to my bare feet. I stopped and felt a finger touch my chin and lift me up. My eyes shut, I didn't want to see this horrid creature.

"Open your eyes." I shake my head refusing his request.
"I will burn you eyelids off so you won't be able to shut them again, now open." I was now aware of this thing before me. He was terrifying.

He had eyes that were red, like he had been crying probably tears of anger, and a smile that resembled cheshire the cat.

"You can take anything you want, please just let me go. I won't tell anyone." I whisper, shaken about what might happen next.

"I shall do no such thing." His smile grows and it scares me even more, this thing wasn't human at all, it was a monster. A monster in the dark, the most frightening ones of them all.
I gulped and looked the monster right in his eyes.

"Please don't."

"I've killed for you. Why did you run away from me?" The monster says, immediately sounding like he's on the verge of tears.

"Who are you?"

"You should know who I am. I'm surprised you haven't guessed it by now."

I shook my head not having a clue, then he places his hand around my arms, turned me and under the moonlight I saw the monster that I've been with all along.

"Who are you?"

"You know exactly who I am, quit playing dumb." He says sternly.
"It's me baby, I came to get you back. I guess you forgot who you belonged to." There was a dark chuckle that boomed in the air.
"Now, I want you to go get your things and come back to me."

"No, you're a twisted man. I want nothing to do with you." I whisper angrily at him.
His eyes widen, it looks like he has gone mad and that's when I felt a familiar hand on my cheek.
My eyes started watering as I looked back up at the monster with fear.

"I told you to go grab your things and that's exactly what you shall do."
I breathed in, prepared to scream.

"Scar-!" I was cut off with a hand that covered my mouth.

"I can also cut out your vocal cords if you want." He grunts through his teeth but before he could do anything he was knocked down to the ground. Behind him was Scarlet standing with surprised eyes and a bat in hand.
We both looked down at the monster who was trying to get up but was failing from the small concussion.

"Come on, let's go." Scarlet tells me as I tip toe around the body.

"Leave and you both get punished." We heard a muffled growl from him and froze, not wanting to test the monster.
He slowly rose up and lifted his head, that's when we noticed his dark eyes through his curls.

"Come here baby, you know I love you." He opened his arms for me to walk into but I refused.

"You don't love me."
His brows furrowed then he reached for me. He successfully captured me and slung me over his shoulder.

"Don't you dare touch me." He threatened Scarlet as he backed away towards the window.
He dropped me to my feet and held me at the open window.

"What are you doing?!" I shrieked as he held me out over the ledge.

"You're safe now, don't worry." He smiled and flashed his dimples, then dropped me.

Impure Affair {h.s.}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें