fourteen

Rose.

"Just answer the damn phone already." Harry says annoyed by the constant ringing of my phone on the counter. I stared down at it then picked it up. Harry slammed the cabinet door and gave me an angry stare.

I sighed and waited for someone to speak.

"Hello?" I say.

"You did it didn't you?" I heard a dark voice finally say.

"Did what?"

"Killed my fucking father!"

"Who is this?"

"Who do you think?" Of course, it was Nathan.

"I didn't even know your dad died." When I said that Harry went stiff but soon relaxed.

"Cut the crap! I know you or your father had something to do with it. Your dad and my dad were enemies and I understand that you hate me for breaking up with you but did you have to go this far!"

"Nathan, my father and I had nothing to do with your dad's death."

"You're such a fucking liar Rose!"

"Bye."

"Don't you hang up-" and with that, I ended the call.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, concerned as he eats something off of his plate.

"Apparently his dad is dead and he thinks I had something to do with it."

"His father did have problems with lots of people, it could've been one of them." He shrugs.

"I know but he still thinks it's me."

"I don't trust him. Now that he owns the business he could do anything. You need to watch out for him."

"Don't worry, I will."

---

Harry.

Of course it wasn't you Rose, it was the man who was standing right in front of you.

I need to do something about him and quick, but what?

I wanted to take matters into my own hands instead of getting my boys involved. I didn't think killing him would be the best option, but maybe I could beat him so bad that he's on the brink of death.

I smile to myself at the thought of him laying helplessly on the ground in a pool of his own blood.

I have to study his schedule and that's what I did for the next few days. Thankfully Rose was busy with her own life and didn't need to invade much of mine.

It was now three in the morning on a Thursday and I was currently in front of Nathan's new house. I was very happy that he lived alone, or so I thought.

Sadly there was a dog and a woman laying on the couch in an oversized shirt with a tub of ice cream in hand as she watches a horror movie.

Good choice, sets the mood.

Nathan was back at work, I knew that he would stay until four so I had to act fast.

I was only going to kill the dog but the lady had to be here and of course she has to die too.
I watch each step as I sneak to a side gate he had.

The gate clicked when I typed the right pin. I open and walk around back. My head snapped when I heard a crunch of a twig. I look around but I don't see anyone. I stepped in front of the back door and looked through the window.

All the lights turned off and I got inside swiftly. It was unlocked which surprised me a bit.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I take in my surroundings.
I smelt a bit of fresh cologne, like someone was just here.
I thought of the girl but the fragrance was obviously a man.

I heard the back door shut and my whole body freezes. I was wearing a mask so nobody would find my identity and I'm so happy I did. I turned around and saw a black figure.

"Hello?" Nathan called out but it was dark, he couldn't see me but I could see him. I walk slowly to him with my knife in hand. My grip was so tight that I felt my hand go numb.

"Who's there?"

I was right in front of him now. I couldn't help but smile at how easy this seemed.

That was, until I felt a gun pressed against my head.