Chapter 29

PHILS POV

My eyes open in a blink when I hear a loud crash coming from next to me. From the corner I see Charlie lying on the floor with a shocked look on his face. As soon as he see's me looking at him wide eyes, it's almost like a switch clicks inside him and suddenly he's totally different to the usual charlie. Well the Charlie that I've encountered from the past few hours. He seems kind enough and that's all that I need. Nobodies perfect with their attitude and I think people need to understand that. Especially bloody parents thinking that you have to be perfect and nice to them all the time but sometimes all you want to do is punch them so hard and tell them you don't fucking care anymore. Or maybe that's just me...

"Charlie, it's okay. Its me Phil." I say calmly whilst Charlie growls in a low rumble with his extremely strait white teeth. I swallow hard because I honestly don't know how far this boy would go to hurt somebody. These outburst of animalistic behaviour just seem so sudden. Maybe that's why he gets bullied?

"That's what they all say..." He says warningly and starts to scratch at the rough carpet beneath his hands. I slowly start to move my hand towards him in hope that he'll realise that I'm being careful and trying not to hurt him. But that doesn't exactly go to plan. Charlie bites my hand which makes me make a loud hissing noise and flinch back which startles him and he climbs

under the bed. That went well. He luckily didn't draw any blood. But only bite his teeth into the cuts on my hand from last night which kill when I move my hand, wise idea.

"Charlie please listen to me. I'm Phil. I found you in the forest yesterday and helped you by bringing you to my house. Everything's going to be okay. I'll make sure. Please come out, I want to see that gorgeous smile of yours again" I say calmly and suddenly I hear a little whimper followed by a deep breathing in and some more whimpers. I make my way off the bed and look under my extremely messy bed, need to sort that out, right after I sort my life out.

I see Charlie curled up in a ball on the floor with eyes puffy red and his little nose sniffling. He's been crying and I don't exactly know what to do because it isn't like hugs are a good option.

"Charlie. Can you come out please?" I see him make a little nod and than he slowly starts to uncurl his little body. I see his hands which were once tensed and in fists start to unclench and fingers stretch. You can see each vain as he reaches out his hand to grab the carpet and drag himself out of there. Once he's out he decides to sit back on the bed with the cover covering everything apart from his face and sitting there cutely without the intention.

"Thank you Phil" He gives me a little smile and I give him a massive grin back which makes him blush and cover his face. I don't know why but it makes me happy that he actually remembered my name. Most people don't.

"Do you want dinner?" I ask and Charlie nods quickly and gets up excitedly, almost like a puppy waiting for it's mother to give it food. I open the bedroom door and start heading downstairs to the kitchen. Charlie follows obediently and stops immediately when I do just to check safety. I wouldn't want anything to happen to Charlie. Sometimes Gary's friends come to the house and stay around for a while, raping mum or somebody else they brought and I have to listen to the screams. Nightmare material I tell you. But luckily I've never been sexually touched by them at all because they all believe being gay is a sin so I guess I'm in the safe zone.

"What do you want for dinner? I can cook Pasta, we've got pizza in the fridge?" I ask and Charlie debates mentally for a while before squeaking out the word "pizza". Bless he's so adorable.

I feel my phone vibrate inside my pocket and I take it out quickly to check who's calling. Nobody ever calls me.

Unknown number.