Chapter 23

DANS POV

I don't know what the fuck I was doing! Why would I touch him like I touch Jade, maybe it was instinct or maybe I thought it was her for a minute but I can't deny that it felt so good. And that's really really bad because he's my student and a year older then my own child! Sure Kyle's adopted but he's still as much of a kid then Becky.

I loved waking up to his body pressed up against me and his piecing blue orbs staring right into mine, it's like a movie. Till I fuck it up. He was so cute when he fell asleep on me. He rested his head lightly on my shoulder being to scared to let all it's weight down, he's so silly but it's adorable. Then towards the end credits I saw he had fallen asleep on my shoulder with his hands wrapped around his body, probably filling the space which he wished somebody's body filled. So I was the one that did. I wrapped my arms around him and laid him down on the bed, holding him tightly because it felt so nice to keep him safe.

I hear the downstairs door slam close and i instantly get up and shout Jade's name, luckily she replies with a hi and i head downstairs in hope of her making me breakfast. I could probably get a chef to work for me but im not that lazy to make people make me food, and the thought of having fancy food everyday made me feel ill because i love Chinese takeaway or Dmino's pizza. I wrap my arm's around JAdes waist ad she giggles and places the bags from the shops down. The kids are going to be coming home soon and i'll have to pick up Becky from school.

"Dan, you won't believe what i saw on this quite street where nothing ever happens. There was this teenage boy around Kyle's age running down the street crying and tripping on his own feet. I thought i should of helped him but he looked like trouble so i left him" She said and continued with the putting the shopping away in the cupboards. I fucking hate everything right now, i left Phil to just run into the streets, i told him i wouldn't hurt him but i did. I didn't even know if i would tell him i have a family because i didn't want him to think he was second best. How dare she say he looked like trouble, because he is everything but trouble, he is the kid in trouble but not it.

"Hmmm interesting, your right prbably some messed up kid" I agree and my chest feels a pain but i ignore it and walk out the door to make my way to Becky's school. I shout a bye even though i'm fuming on the inside because she just insulted my Phil, wait my? I mean Phil the kid who i may like a lot. Fuck it i don't even know what's happening with my feelings anymore, i just wish i could known the right path to take. But surely if i didn't have feelings for Phil then i wouldnt want to be cloe to him and trace my lips against his and then kiss him because surely that's not what friends do. I have had so many opportunities to actually kiss him but i'm his teacher and ic an't stop the nagging voice telling me no. But then there are times when that thought completely disspaears and im so happy with Phil jsut being there. For all i know he could hate me if i tried anyrthing with him and i don't want to lose him now i've mostly gained his trust. Well maybe i just broke it.

I arrive at the school and see Becky and Jessica hugging, cuties, i feel like they will be friends for a long time. But there is something about Jessica that confuses me. Her eye's never sparkle like a 8-9 year olds should, and her smile never looks genuine. And i swear a ssaw a patch of purple on her arm when she was wearing a dress but it was covered with makeup and it probably has rubbed off during the day of a active kid. I've never seen Becky talk about Jessica's parent's or home, maybe i'll ask her now. She comes bouncing towards me like a over enthusiastic dog and i pick her up in m,y arms and spin her round. When i look over my shoulder i see Jessica looking at us with a sad look on her face, her eyes trailing to the floor once she see's me looking.

"Hey Becky poo!" I exclaim and she puts a fake pout on when i put her t the ground again. She hates being called that because she say's she is a princess and how dare a peasent like me call her a poo. Don't you love children's imaginations. And then they crushed by reality. That's the sad truth which we all have to face. And as i adult you can never fully accept that you wil have to let them into that world to fend for themselfes one day.