#82: Your First Day Home With The Baby/Babies

Tumblr credit: http://perfprefs1d.tumblr.com/post/100374488336

Sal: You and Sal were still in complete awe over how much you loved your daughter. She was perfect in your eyes, and everything you could have ever hoped for. "I could just stare at her forever," you whispered, as you did just that, while she slept in your arms. Sal was smiling, exactly as he had been since the moment she was born, "I've said in a million times in the past 24 hours, but she is so perfect." As if on cue, right as he said that, she awoke, and let out a loud scream to let you both know she was up and hungry. "Even her screams don't bother me," you said, while beginning to feed her as quickly as you could, to calm her down, "Is that weird?" Sal knew exactly what you meant, "No, it's not. I'm sure in a week we'll be so tired, and feel differently, but right now, every single thing she does is perfect to me. We're parents, and that is the most amazing thing be able to say."

Brian (Q): "Can you believe he's finally here, and we're actually home with our son?" Brian asked you, as the two of you sat on the couch, with your son sleeping in your arms, "9 months, and we finally have our little boy." You felt so many emotions flooding through you, as you thought of his words, and stared at your son's face, "It feels like a dream. I can't believe I'm a mom. I really do expect to wake up, and still be in labor. It's a blur to me really, what happened after they said push." "Really?" You nodded, as your husband gently took your son into his arms. "Well they did say it was really fast. It normally takes a lot longer than five minutes." You nodded again, "They told me that too. I guess maybe he isn't so shy. He does look like you, you know." Brian's eyes never left his son, as he replied to you, "I think he looks like you." "No way." His eyes finally left your son, and he looked up at your smiling face, "We'll just have to wait a little longer to know for sure I guess. I hope he has your smile though."

James (Murr): While watching James change your daughter, on your very first night home, you wore the brightest smile. Less than a day earlier you were worried he wouldn't make it in time for her birth, and now that seemed like such a small thing to worry about, when you now had the rest of your lives to love and spoil her. "Ya know, babe," you started, and he quickly looked up to you, "she's already a daddy's girl." "Why do you say that?" he asked you, before looking back down at your little girl. You walked over to the two of them, "Well she was more than ready to make her entrance, but she waited until she knew her daddy was there. She put me in so much pain, all to make sure you were there to see her. Like I said, a daddy's girl already." When you looked back up at James, he was now smiling brightly as well, so happy over that small fact, "I'm so, so thankful I made it in time. I didn't want to miss it."

Joe: "We have twins," you said, as if you were learning it for the first time. You and Joe had just gotten home from the hospital, and were each holding one of the newborns. Being alone for the first time since giving birth, it was finally sinking in for you that you were now parents of two. "We have twins," you repeated, looking down at your son in your arms, "How are we going to do this? They say one baby is hard. We have two." When you looked up at Joe, with tears in your eyes, he was quick to reassure you things would be okay. "We'll learn how to do this. We won't be perfect, no one is, but we'll be okay (Y/N)." A complete wave of panic filled you, as you thought of how much work this would be, "I just worry we'll do everything wrong." Joe shook his head, and smiled down at your daughter in his arms, "We won't. As long as we love them, feed them, and change them, they'll be fine. I promise you, we'll figure this out." You swallowed a lump in your throat, "I hope so."