#33: You're His Ex and You're Getting Married (Part 1)

Sal: Sal felt a pain in his chest, as you went on and on about your fiancée. You were talking to James, but Sal was right behind the two of you, listening closely. "He's everything I've wanted. He treats me so well, and I really love him. I've never been treated so right before." Those words cut through Sal like a knife, and he had to walk away after that. He didn't want to say anything to you, about how he did try to treat you right, knowing it was pointless now. He was years too late, and now you were happy. And he would never do anything to mess up that happiness. Not that he thought you still cared enough for his words to bother you anyway.

Brian (Q): "I'm happy," you tried to explain, as Brian asked about the ring on your finger. There was clear disappointment in his voice. "But, (Y/N), you've been with him 4 months! You were with me half a year ago!" With a glance at your beautiful ring, you answered, "This just feels right. I can't explain it, Brian. Anyway, I just wanted you to hear it from me, and not through gossip or something." He shook his head, and walked away from you, "I'm not happy for you. This is too soon. I thought you were smarter than this." "Brian, I know what's right." Stopping in his tracks, Brian's next words were as soft as could be, "A year ago I almost proposed. Would that have felt just as right? And look where we are now." "This... this is different. I love him." "You loved me too!"

James (Murr): "I'm really happy for you, (Y/N)," James lied, while hugging you. You two were finally friends again, after almost 2 years of not speaking. He was not going to risk that by allowing you to know how hurt he was to see the ring on your finger. On the other side of the hug, you were also hiding pain. You did love your fiancée, but you still held onto that small part of you that would always love James and thought for sure he would have been the one to get down on one knee. You couldn't say anything though. No, you just had to remind yourself how happy you were with your boyfriend. "Thanks, I'm glad you're happy for me."

Joe: Talking to a group of friends with your fiancé, you felt all you breath rip from your body as Joe walked over to you. You had no idea he would be at the same place as you, and did not know how to act at seeing him. "Hey (Y/N)." You forced a smile over your face, feeling your fiancé pulling you closer to him. "Um, hi Joe." "I just wanted to say congratulations. Both of you." Joe reached out to shake your fiancée's hand, but he ignored him completely. "Come on, (Y/N), we really should go." You did not want to make him upset, so you nodded, "Bye Joe, thanks for the congratulations." "I'm glad you're happy," Joe was saying, as you were pulled out of the room. "What was that about?" you asked. "I don't want you to talk to your ex." You rolled your eyes, and held onto his hand tightly, "I love you okay, and I'm marrying you. Joe means nothing to me now. He's my past, but you're my future."