#3: He's Your College Roommate

Updated: 19/7/2018

Sal: "Wait, who are you? Why are you in my dorm room?"

You had opened your new dorm room door to see a guy standing on a stepladder hanging up a photograph of him and his family. You hold your purse in front of you like a weapon and he laughs.

"I'm guessing you're (Y/N)?" he says, adjusting the picture on the wall.

You lower your bag and raise an eyebrow.

"Um, yeah, but I'm guessing you aren't Sally Vulcano..." you look down at your roommate packet at the name. This was a girl's dorm, and that sexy piece of eye candy was certainly not a girl.

"No, I'm actually Sal Vulcano. They got my name wrong. There is no more space in the boys' dorm, and they already had me marked as staying here, so..." he shrugs and smiles at you.

"Can't say I'm complaining, though. I'd rather stay with a hot girl than some smelly dude anyway."

You laugh and roll your eyes. "Well aren't you a flirt?"

He shrugs and winks, blowing a kiss.

"Nah, I just know when to boost the charm," he replies.

You smile and start unpacking your things, both of you sharing stories and jokes as you decorate the dorm room. This year should be very interesting...

——————

Brian (Q): "Hey, Brian? Can you help me hang this please?" you ask while standing on your tip-toes. You're trying to hang the corner of your artsy NYC city print, but can't reach.

"Sure thing, (Y/N)!" your handsome roommate replies, reaching over you. He hangs up the print easily.

"Need anything else? I'm at your service," he smiles.

"Actually... how are you with putting stuff together?" You point to the book case you'd gotten at IKEA and have no clue how to put it together.

"I'm pretty handy," he says with a laugh, "But I think I need an assistant."

You both spend the next hour trying to put the book case together, and you end up with a slightly crooked and wobbly pile of wood that can probably hold three books before collapsing.

"Remind me not to ask you to help me build something," you tease, nudging his plaid-clothed arm.

"Totally not my fault! You're not a good assistant," he jokes back, sticking out his tongue. "How about tomorrow we go buy an already built book case?"

You nod. "Deal."

——————

James (Murr): "Holy crap," you say, looking at the mini fridge that had been placed in the dorm room by your room mate James and laugh.

"Like it? It's fully stocked," he says proudly. The 'mini fridge' isn't so mini. It's the size of a large dog!

"James, it takes up so much space!" you sigh, smiling.

"I know, I know, but food is top priority! Plus, I have your favorite food inside," he sings.

"My favorite? How do you know my favorite?" He blushes and shrugs. "It was on the room mate application thing," he mumbles.

He takes out a carton of strawberries from the monstrous fridge and smiles.

"YESS!" you cheer, taking one from him and popping it in your mouth. "Okay, fridge can stay. Now, what else you got in there?"

——————

Joe: "OH MY GOD!" you shout.

You have been changing into sweatpants when suddenly the door to you and Joe's shared dorm room whips open. You quickly hold your t-shirt over your chest and blush.

"Oops... sorry," Joe says with a cheeky grin, not looking sorry at all.

"You can knock first!" you say angrily, your cheeks turning redder and redder.

"It's my room, too!" he says, plopping down on his bed.

You turn around and quickly slide on your shirt.

"I don't walk in on YOU when you're half-naked and trying to get dressed!" you reply.

Joe raises an eyebrow and laughs. "But I wouldn't mind if you did..." he says cheekily.

You sigh and plop down on your own small bed. "I still can't believe I got matched with you," you sigh, a smile forming on your face.

Maybe he wasn't the most... considerate room mate, but he was certainly entertaining, charming and... well, I mean... his good looks are certainly not a downside... ;)