#41: Sal x Reader

Author's Note: Get the tissues out guys. This is a very sad Sal imagine. ~Bella Emily Kaplan

"I don't even care anymore!!" You shouted at your boyfriend, Sal.

"Well, neither do I! Just-just leave me alone, (Y/N)!" He shouted back.

You and your boyfriend Sal have been in this heated fight for a good hour now. You weren't even really sure what you were fighting about anymore. It was something about him leaving. Right now, he was visiting you at your apartment in Los Angeles. He had to return to Staten Island to get ready for the next "Where's Larry?" tour. He never told you. He just told you that he was leaving, and it started this massive fight.

You grabbed the first thing your eyes laid eyes on which happened to be a picture of you and Sal that he just gave to you to remember him while he's gone. It was a really cute picture of you two kissing at the beach with the sun setting over the water. It was in a really nice frame too. Right now, none of that mattered, though. You grabbed the frame and whipped it at him. He dodged it and it smashed into the wall shattering into a billion pieces. He looked at you with a look of horror. And without another word, he grabbed his luggage and left your apartment.

You knew you wouldn't see him for a long time. But you weren't sad. Your emotions were too messed up right now. You just sat down on your couch, mad as ever. You checked your phone. 10:41 am. Sal would be boarding his plane at 11:30. Then, he will be gone, and you won't see him for another few months. You sighed to yourself, and decided to get out and get some fresh air. You grabbed your iPhone, put in your headphones and went for a jog around your neighborhood.

Sal was at the airport, texting the other boys. Yeah, I'll be there soon. "I'm boarding my plane now. See you." he texted Joe.

"Flight 902 to Staten Island, New York is boarding now." The voice on the intercom said. Sal collected his carry-on baggage and walked up to the gates. He got on the plane, sat in his seat and pulled out his phone. He checked if there were any new texts from you, and of course there wasn't anything new. Sal decided to send you a text before he had to put his phone on airplane mode. I just boarded the plane. I'll call you when I land. Love you.

You put your phone on airplane mode, not wanting to get disturbed on your mid-afternoon jog. You didn't even know where you were going; you were kind of just running through the streets of the city. Your mind was all foggy, and your eyes started welling up with tears. Please don't do this. You thought to yourself and blinked back your tears. You never wanted to be weak. Your parents always taught you to be strong, and that's how you are going to be.

"It seems as though we have come across some turbulence," another voice said from the intercom on the plane, "Please fasten your seatbelts and stay seated." Sal has been on a lot of planes, and he knew that turbulence didn't feel this way. It felt as though one of the engines were out. He started getting a bit frantic. He didn't know whether to be scared, to keep calm, or what to do, so he just put on his seat belt, put in his headphones and closed his eyes.

You got home from your jog at about 12 pm. You turned on the TV as you were getting your things ready for your shower. "We interrupt this program to give you breaking news. There has been a tragic accident. Flight 902 that took off from Los Angeles, California has just crashed. We do not know of any survivors as of yet, nor do we know names of passengers on this flight..." The television said. Your head shot up. Flight 902. Why does that sound so familiar? You asked yourself. You walked over to your computer that Sal must have left on. Right on the screen was the invoice of Sal's plane ticket. And, right there, in bold letters where the words Flight 902.

You couldn't breathe. Sal was on that flight. You stood there motionless, staring at the monitor, and then turned around. You sank down against the wall, and picked up the shattered picture frame of you and him. That's it, you burst into tears. He's gone. He's really gone. You thought to yourself. Then, your phone started ringing. You looked at the number—James. You couldn't collect yourself enough to answer the call, so you declined it. Then, popped up one new text message. You threw your phone across the room and lay down on the couch, drowning out everything, and soon fell asleep.

You woke up to your phone ringing again. You walked over to it. It was Joe. You answered it. "J-Joe?" You asked with a shaky voice. "(Y/N), oh God, please tell me Sal wasn't on that flight!" Joe said to you. You started sobbing into the phone, and the other line went silent. You stayed on the phone a little longer with Joe, and then finally hung up. There it was again—one new text message. You opened it up. It was from Sal. Your heart stopped, and sank in your chest as you fell apart. I just boarded the plane, I'll call you when I land. Love you. It read.

*One Week Later*

You walked up to the picture of Sal in your black dress and black heels. You placed a single red rose right underneath the picture. You then lit a candle and placed it beside his picture. Then you collapsed to your knees, sobbing into your hands. You felt a pair of arms grab your shoulders and help you back to your seat. It was Brian. He hugged you tight while crying into your hair.

"Sal would hate to see you like this, (Y/N)." he told you, his voice shaking.

"B-Brian, we were fighting, and we never said sorry!" You cried to him. Brian pulled you tighter into the hug, while you sobbed into each other's shoulders.

From that day on, you swore to yourself to never leave someone angry, because tomorrow is not guaranteed, and life is unexpected. Life's full of twists and turns, ups and downs. I guess we're all on that rollercoaster called life...